+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What are you doing/have done to lose weight?

I have joined a gym, and cut out chocolate, soft drink (BIG addictions of mine) I have started buying more fresh produce and actually eating the right amount of meals each day (i.e actually having breakfast!) I am trying to understand carbs and protein and sugars on food labels...

Anyway, what I want to know is -= what did you do to lose weight?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    if you have an iPhone download the myfitnesspal app let's you put in what you eat in the day and it calculated how many calories ( should be eating 1200 or 1500 if trying to lose weight)
    I found it really helped ke to work out how many of something I could eat to be in limit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmPowering View Post
    if you have an iPhone download the myfitnesspal app let's you put in what you eat in the day and it calculated how many calories ( should be eating 1200 or 1500 if trying to lose weight)
    I found it really helped ke to work out how many of something I could eat to be in limit
    I don't have an Iphone :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kept a food diary religiously, always within 10g either side of my carb, protein & fat numbers for the day. No less than 300 min cardio exercise each week, at least one weights session. Engaged a PT & never missed a session unless I was genuinely sick. Lost 22kg in 6 months! Good luck!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (27-01-2012),TheUndomesticGoddess  (27-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    I kept a food diary religiously, always within 10g either side of my carb, protein & fat numbers for the day. No less than 300 min cardio exercise each week, at least one weights session. Engaged a PT & never missed a session unless I was genuinely sick. Lost 22kg in 6 months! Good luck!!
    Thats the thing....how do I find out how much carb, protein and fat I should be consuming daily?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did weight watchers and I have to say I LOVED it! Before I got pregnant I lost 12kgs!!! Their website is great too and blogging everyday on the website was wonderful!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it doesn't grow, rot or decay - don't eat it!
    The more fresh foods you eat (not processed) the more your body thrives!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CrissyG For This Useful Post:

TheUndomesticGoddess  (27-01-2012)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeweller View Post
    I did weight watchers and I have to say I LOVED it! Before I got pregnant I lost 12kgs!!! Their website is great too and blogging everyday on the website was wonderful!!!
    Yeah this, i loved WW. Will definitely go back once i'm done having kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive just started with a pt 3 times a week, she is fantastic! Eating all fresh produce - no crap. And drinking plenty of water also.
    Im just wanting to get some knowledge on the whole carb, sugars and when to eat what and so on if that makes any sense lol!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DancingInTheFlames For This Useful Post:

AndrewTheEmu  (27-01-2012),TheUndomesticGoddess  (27-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Play 'Dance Central' on the kinnect... I'm also cutting portion sizes and avoiding takeaway. Trying to join in on DHs rabbit food, but I am weak.