+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 8 months old superactive baby?

Hi hubbers,
    I have a 8 month old son.he is sooo active that i m short of words to explain.In short he has got loads n loads of toys but he wont play with them more than 5 mins..gets bired too quickly... Plus cherry on top is that he is constantly on move and whinges quite often(which at time is really hard).Recently i have bought him walker but nope he wont play in that too....Now i need some suggestions how to keep him busy.please hubbers i need ur advice...i m on verge of breakdown

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Set up a play area outside for something different or just let him explore the backyard. While it's hot, set up a tub of water and some plastic cups and let him play.

Does he like going for walks? You could take him to a local playground or indoor play centre.

Kids don't need lots of expensive toys. Give him access to the pots and pans/Tupperware cupboard or give him a newspaper to tear and scrunch.

I hope some of this helps!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lock and Lu For This Useful Post:

disco86  (27-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lock and Lu...i will def. move all furniture from his play area.Kids are really hard.I have one and dont think i will have another in future.
    But really thanks for d advice dear..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a 'spirited' toddler. She has always been active. When she was younger, she'd play with her toys for 5 mins before moving onto something else. Became quite annoying! But I soon learned to relax. I made my house kid safe and came to the realisation that she is an explorer and wants to investigate everything. Even my undies draw! So i allowed her access to certain cupboards for unbreakable kitchen items, etc. The bottom draw became hers that was full of cups, small bowls, twisty straws, etc. If she wanted a drink, rather than have a wrestle to try and get her out of the kitchen, I'd ask her to help me by getingt a zippy cup from her draw or ask her to grab mummy a big mixing bowl or get her special place mat. Basically I was showing her where she could go to get things safely while at the same time keeping her occupied. The back door was always unlocked for her to wander out in a completely safe environment. I'd put half her toys away and rotate them every few weeks. It was great to see her rediscover toys and find hours of fun In something as small as matchbox cars. Anything that I did like hang washing, make the bed, vacuum, etc, I ask her to help me. Yes.... It took 8000 times as long but she thoroughly enjoyed the time with me. It was fun for her! Now she isn't so needy of me. She is quite happy to play while I do bits and bobs around the house. I can promise you that if you actually take the time out to make the 'activeness' a positive rather something to be frustrated at, it will make his little life all the better. They live for the moment so make the moments count! He'll be a quick learner and when he gets older will have tremendous drive. I promise!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jazzybaby For This Useful Post:

disco86  (27-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What your experiencing is natural. Is bub teething? Could explain a lot. Sometimes it's worth getting out and go for a long walk or playgroup for a play rather than get frustrated at home.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

disco86  (27-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks jazzybaby...ur suggestions sounds amazing.Me n my hubby are reading replies and we actually appreciate the advice u gave.i will def. make my home kids safe so that he can explore and discover.And i will start engaging him with whatever i do starting from tomorrow morning.Thanks dear ur advice is really lifesaver to me.

And Kimberly..bubba is not teething at d moment. He has got 6 teeth alltoghether...yeah again thanks to you for reading and replying back.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    At this age they really need interaction. So play with him.

Do you have a sling? I'm a firm believer in babywearing... especially for very whingy babies... Babies will not generally entertain themselves at that age.. YOU are how they learn about their world. The adults around them are their windows into the world.

Just try to enjoy it, do you go to a playgroup or have other Mummy friends you can get together with?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

disco86  (28-01-2012)

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi OP !

Both my kids have been the same at that age , they both still are at 2 yrs and the other at 10 months they really just do not stop ! Five minutes on any one item would be a record for them :-)

As previous posters suggested I really just give them free reign of the house to explore and do as they please under my supervision , I've made it as kid friendly as possible .

Wherever I am , sure enough they are too , getting into something , pulling out drawers , cupboards etc . It can be abit frustrating constantly picking up things but I really believe its part of their development . Every little item to them is NEW!! New and exciting , something to investigate . From a plastic cup to a DVD cover , they just like to feel touch and explore it.

I have a house full of toys , no jokes , buckets and buckets of them , an indoor jumping castle , motorised mini cars , you name it , and you wanna know something , sure, they like them sometimes , but their favourite toys are literally the clutter around my home !!

My 2 yr old is obsessed with my pots and pans , a old kettle , a moneybox , jumbo rubber balls and the cards in my wallet ( he takes them out and plays with them )

My 10 month old will just touch anything ! Pulls out Tupperware from the cupboards , pushes sealed packs of pasta and rice around the floor , plays with a heap of blown up balloons for hours , old remotes without the batteries etc . She just runs riot :-D

Your home can be an amusement park for your child if you allow it !

Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone

Me  Dh
    DS -2 years 
    DD - 10 months 💜

13. The Following User Says Thank You to heeeeerekittykitty For This Useful Post:

disco86  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahha so many nice suggestions...,thanks kind ladies.I am up at 6:30 am today...clearing his toy room of all the furniture and in general.Thanks once again for ur suggestions.