+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Red face Pregnant & all kinds of gassy!!

I'm 15ish weeks and... well, I have a massive gas problem. Flatulence. Tooting. Bottom Music. Whatever you want to call it, I've got it going on. And... much to my embarrassment the scent is making me wish we had a dog to blame it on.

That sum it up?

Is this natural? I don't remember it happening with my other 2, and if it did it certainly wasn't so biohazardly odourous that my DH thinks there's a busted pipe somewhere around and will close all the windows. Eeek.

So is this normal? Anything I can do?

Signing off,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aww, unfortunately that is just one of the "joys" of pregnancy.

It is completely normal.

Others may have ideas on how to prevent it...I'm just not so sure it can be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh no lol. We're going on a holiday tomorrow, starting the morning with a 4hr car trip, its been raining so the windows will be up....

I should apologise in advance, shouldn't I?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear.

Either that or borrow a friend's dog for the journey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know, I think in this case even the dog would be scratching at the window barking 'save me.'

Sure am painting a pretty picture of myself here. Oh pregnancy, you are a riot!

Thanks
    Reviews

I hope you enjoy your holiday regardless. Keep telling yourself (and poor DH) that it's all worth it in the end. He won't even remember this issue when the day arrives that he can hold his little one in his arms

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had it with my last pregnancy and i took mint tablets for it. They are small green translucent tablets meant to keep your breath fresh but they help with gas as well.
    Failing that you can allways go to a juice bar and have a pinapple and mint concoction made up. It actually tastes great too

Thanks
    Reviews
    At least until the little treasure drops one in the nappy and all the memories come stinking back to DH lol.

I'm sure we'll get through it... might go and stock up some of those air freshner things that hang in the car.

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can recal trying something called Degas when i was pregnant with DD2 as well, you can buy it over the counter at the chemist. I wouldn't have taken it if it wasn't ok during pregnancy so you could probably give that a try as well as it's designed to get rid of excess gas

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll have to look into that, it's definitely a problem at the moment.