+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i had my c-section at about 1.30pm, i was up and taking taking care of my ds the next morning. As for the feeding and getting bub out of bed i was left to do it all on my own. They encouraged me to get up and about as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had DS at 11:04am, was transferred to a bigger hospital for him at 2pm and moved into the ambulance stretcher by myself, was walking from maternity to NICU by 6pm that night, then walking up to the NICU three or four times a day till he roomed in with me five days later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post
    Thanks its great to hear everyones experiences. Grumpybump - what kind of anaesthesia did you have?
    Epidural.

Reading all of these replies makes me think that my hospy was majorly neglecting me because I didn't get the catheter out for about 36 hours and nobody was encouraging me to get up and move around! They just said to move around when I felt ready. My labour was very intense though and hadn't had any sleep for over 36 hours so wasn't in any shape to do much moving anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you ask your obgyn if they do a morphine block?? I've had 3 c/s and was up walking, had a shower, can pick bub up all within 4-5 hours of my c/s.. Discharged myself on day 2 all 3 times also..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day 2 went home day 3

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emergency c section was at 9pm by 1pm the next day I was up showered and dressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol just saw I already replied to this...
    Last edited by brooke88(mum2b09); 05-04-2012 at 21:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They forced me to move from the beginning. I had a spinal as well.
    After lying on my (broken back) for 3 hours, I got very tired and sore in my back, but it was nearly impossible for me to turn onto my side. So I rang the nurse and ask her to help me. Her response was a simple "No".

I was quite upset with this as my back really started to kill me. I wasn't sure which was hurting more, my back or the massive wound in my belly.
    So I decided to turn over myself with help of that handle thing above my head. It took me a whole 45 minutes to turn over, but I was glad I had done it.
    Then after an hour I got sore from lying in the same position again and turned over to my other side. This time it took me 30 minutes. Each time it went quicker and easier.

Then 12 hours after having had the C/S I was allowed to have a shower and I really felt like a million bucks after that.
    They put me in the room furthest away from the SCN (Im sure they did this on purpose lol) so the first time (13 hours after the C/S) it took me 20 minutes to get to my baby to feed him. After that it just went quicker and easier again.
    They NEVER brought him to me to feed him. They made me walk to the nursery each and every time.
    Looking back, I am grateful they did this. The sooner I started to move, the quicker my recovery went.

I was a single mum then as well, so I did everything myself without a partner to help me.
    Trust me, when you really have to, you will move mountains to feed your newborn child. The hunger cries just break your heart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had DD at 7:55 the previous night, was sitting up by 9am, in the shower by 11am and fed DD in a chair by 4pm. The midwives took her again overnight and brought her in for feeds, then I was taking care of her after that.