+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    the trick i worked out was to change the side of the bed that you get out of each time you get up

like doing sit ups if you use the same side every time you get sore when I stopped doing it and gave the sore side a rest I was fine

keep up your pain meds and you will be fine don't try and be superwomen all in one day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the great replies and tips! Hubby has assured me he wont leave until Im all set up (with wipes, water etc) and both bub and I fast asleep lol, such a darling! He wishes he could stay again but being with toddler is essential.

Its interesting to hear about the first night of everyone, my first bub basically slept through all night (maybe woke for one feed, maybe not, cant remember?) I did have a late csection though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an emergency c.section at 8am and at 8pm I begged the nurses to take out the catheter and let me shower. Best shower! I felt like my tummy would rip open if I stood straight though so I was a little hunched over every time I stood straight. I also just put the rail up on one side of the bed and slept with DD there and each time I had to get up buzzed the nurse or DH was there to help. Also those big ugly support knickers ate a god send, helps take the pressure off for laughing, coughing etc and didn't quite hurt as much moving around, unfortunately I only got told about these a few weeks after. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Both mine were around 10am c/s and I was up and moving by 7am the next morning.I get kind of jealous reading others that say they aren't even sore the next morning lol my 2nd was much better, but my first I was in agony getting up to DD. I was in so much pain I thought I'd split my stitches. But with my 2nd, I mainly co slept with him. I wasn't allowed to and was told I so, but as soon as they walked out I brought him back in with me

and that first shower was heaven. Mind you I walked hunched over like an old lady as it hurt to walk lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my C-Sect at 5.45pm and was up walking around the next morning. Of course it was a tad uncomfortable but i never remember being in any real bad pain.
    A bit funny becuase i was moving fine but the lady who had a natural birth beside me would make horrendous loud graoning noises everytime she moved an inch.
    I think the more you lay around feeling 'poor me' the longer recovery will be. If you get up and get those muscles working again they'll build their strength up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Next day
    Easy as
    Really not as bad as I thought it would be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg there are so many brave women in here - Im afaid I dont handle the pain very well! I had the patient contolled medication for afterwards though - did anyone else have this? Last time my anaesthesia took ages to wear off too so there was no way that I was up and about shortly afterwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't move for 24 hours. I probably could have but what for? I had the catheter in so didn't need to go to the loo, had the patient controlled medication and DS was in the bassinet right next to my bed. I'd just press the button to move the bed up or down to get to him easily, don't remember having to twist and bend.

Plus DH was there all day to do all the fetching etc.

Anytime I felt pain in those 24 hrs I would plunge that patient controlled medication thingo & it felt so good going down my spine!! Haha! I didn't use it much at first but then I gave a 5 for that 1-10 pay scale thing they always ask you and the midwife said, "pain is bad; there's no need for you to be in any pain when you are also trying to work out breastfeeding and adjust to being a mum".

Sugarplum, we were the same, DS & I slept for about 6 hours straight that first night. After a 24 hour FULL ON labour we were both completely knackered!

After the 24 hours I got up and moved around carefully to shower & toilet etc but spent most of the time in bed and by the third day was moving around easily.

It's major, major surgery. Plenty of time to be running around exhausting yourself looking after bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had an emergency c/s and I lost blood so I wasn't up to moving around for over a day.
    DS was born just after midnight on 11th and I was given two blood transfusions during the day. I just couldn't focus on anything and felt so exhausted. After the transfusions I felt like a newer person.
    When I came back to the maternity ward after recovery it was about 2:30am and the midwife tried DS on my boob to have a suck. Not sure he had much. They then let me have sleep and took him to SCN to keep eye on him. They brought him back to me about 6am for a feed. Then mid morning, the midwife came and gave me a sponge bath as I wasn't able to get up and have a shower myself. That was after they changed my bed to an electronic bed. I found that helpful when I could get up and be mobile, especially to feed DS.
    I got the catherer removed in the evening of 11th. I was able to walk around that night. I had a shower sitting down in the chair and the midwife stayed near in case I needed her.
    DS's father gave him a bath with Nanny (ex-dh's mother) watching on when they arrived about 11am on the 11th.
    The next day I was able to move around a lot more, but just still took it slow. I loved that I was able to go and give my DS a bath, first one by me
    Although, I do remember getting the shakes on the night of the 12th and its because I probably moved around too much during the day. The midwife came and gave me some more panadol and that helped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks its great to hear everyones experiences. Grumpybump - what kind of anaesthesia did you have?