+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had an emergency c/s at 6:30pm and was up at 8am the next day. It was extremely painful for me and I struggled the first 2 days to go to the toilet and shower. I was also I was also refused any pain relief from day 3 so maybe take along some panadol or nurofen if you're not planning on BF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine was at 7pmish and I was up the next afternoon. But DS's crib was next to me and I did manage to get him out OK before then - just very slowly! But the Middies were great and changed him regularly and came quickly when I called all but one time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Mine was 3pm and I was up the next morning in the shower at 8am, I also had a really great recovery, walking around no problem, I was dreading getting up as everyone said it will be really painful but honestly it wasn't ! You just walk slowly and don't stand up straight !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I had mine at about 8:30am on the Friday and did not get up and out of bed until mid morning on the Sunday. I had placenta praevia and ended up losing a lot of blood and needing several transfusions though so I was not allowed out of bed until then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Within 24 hours after my emergency c-section I was slowly getting out of bed to shower and to go to the toilet but that was about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was allowed to co-sleep at my hospital as well. I was really happy with this as it was banned at the hospital I had DD1 in. I was up that afternoon doing things, but I still had help from the midwives to pick her out of the cot. Most of the time she lay on me or next to me and it was a lot easier and nicer, so I didn't have to move at all really. When I wanted to have a big sleep and DD was sound asleep I would just buzz a midwife and they would settle her into the crib. It was more because of how drowsy I felt though, so I wanted to be safe, and by 24 hours I didn't feel drowsy at all and I was fine to do it all myself. (I only had panadol in this time, so I think I was just exhausted from lack of sleep the night before and adrenalin and the op). I pushed her to the baby bathing room in her crib, bathed her and dressed her fine. ETA mine was elective and I had zero pain the whole time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was at 2.45pm, and I was up and showering the next morning.

I felt really good after my C/S. I had SPD at the end of pregnancy, and couldn't really walk. That mostly disappeared when I had DD, and so I was bouncing around all over the place, excited that I could move around again! The midwives had to keep telling me to take it easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had Ds at 3pm and was up and showering the next morning at 6am. From what I remember the nurses are in and out of your room frequently for the first 24 hours monitoring and assisting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DD I had a c section at 8 pm and was up first thing next morning about 7 am, to see my bubs who was in the nursery. With DS I had a section at 11 pm and he went to the nursery for the night to keep an I on his temp. I was up and about early next morning around 7 am, again busting to see my bubs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had c-sections at 5.45pm and 1.26am, both times I was having everything out the next morning and going for a shower as they want you up asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk