+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default After c-section - when were you up and walking around, getting up and down to baby?

Just wondering when you were up and walking around after your csection?
    I had a spinal block with my first.

I am a little worried this time as I had hubby to help lift the baby in and out for feeds etc. straight after. But hubby will be home this time so am a little anxious on how I will cope esp throughout the night feeds/change etc.? The midwives were just so busy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Within 24 hours both times.

With DD2 one of the midwives showed my how to cosleep with her, so that I didn't have to worry about getting up to her in the night. It was a lifesaver!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

SugarplumMummy  (27-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a late afternoon c section - so was up not the next but the following day from what I can remember anyway. I think I had the catheter and the spinal tube out following day?
    Co sleeping that's great - the hospital I was at last time frowned upon this, but I hope I find a helpful midwife like you did!

Thanks
    Reviews
    First time DD was born at 6:00pm so not til the next morning. Maybe 15 hours or so?

Second time DS was born at midday and I had the catheter and epidural/spinal (whatever it was) out and was in the shower by 5:00pm. I insisted though as like you, DH couldn't stay to help so I wanted to make sure I was mobile, albeit very slowly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my last at about 4pm, was up at 830 the next morning in the shower lol best shower ever!!

The first couple of nights in hospital I slept with the best head up a bit, and bub just slept peacefully on my chest, which meant I didn't have to move awkward to get to her

Just do what is right and comfy for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm, I didnt have any help even though I stayed in hospital for 5 days. They just kinda left me to it from the moment I was stitched up. It was a little awkward twisting my body to get her out of her lil cot thing next to my bed but it wasnt painful, I just had to be careful.

I had bubs about 2pm and was up and walking about as soon as my catheter was out the next morning.

Just take everything really slowly. Make sure before hubby leaves that you have water/wipes/nappies and anything else you think you might need to hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was out of bed the next morning. I had an 11amish emergency section the previous day. the midwives took bubs to the nursery overnight and just brought back for feeds. They topped up my epi, said have a good sleep and insisted they take him as both myself and DH were exhausted.

If it is your second child see if they can take bubs to the nursery for at least a few hours the first night and just bring back for feeds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a c-section at 2pm. The stuff wore off at about 6-7pm and I was up in the morning about 7am. Was walking around that day fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a c section at 9am tuesday morning and was up the next day to have a shower. Was a struggle though lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was up and moving fairly easily the next day. My recovery was quite quick actually. But everyone is different. The nurses like to get you u and moving as soon as is safe.