+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Lollie1990, well done on taking that decision. Best of luck with TTC, I hope you will not have to wait long for your BFP. I am sure the families will be overcome with joy later

spideysmummy, uuuuuh I hope I won't have to fly pregnant ever. Doesn't sound like a fun experience. Although I'm sure you have forgotten quickly about it Short period of time in the scheme of things isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    Lollie1990, well done on taking that decision. Best of luck with TTC, I hope you will not have to wait long for your BFP. I am sure the families will be overcome with joy later

spideysmummy, uuuuuh I hope I won't have to fly pregnant ever. Doesn't sound like a fun experience. Although I'm sure you have forgotten quickly about it Short period of time in the scheme of things isn't it?
    Definately forgotten about it! I was so ready to be home I was happy to get on the plane. At the time it took forever though.

You never know, some people are lucky and don't get much morning sickness

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I travelled to the UK at 11 weeks on my own and it was fine. My friend also did it at 6 weeks. I was very lucky and never got ms and there is just no way of telling until it happens, or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, How exciting for you two. Here is what I would do. I am sooo impatient so I would start to try and conceive now. However if nothing is happening after a few months I would have a rest. Reason being is I had terrible morning sickness and nothing can prepare you for how bad it can get. Honestly if I had been getting married or had to go on a plane I would have cancelled. It has now pretty much gone at 18 weeks. The other thing to consider (and this is awful) is if you are really early into your pregnancy and miscarry it would ruin everything - sorry but after having one I know how much they suck and you may have bad memories of getting married instead of happy ones. Just my thoughts. Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks kbt and kw123 for your advises.

Weighing all your inputs, this is what I am now thinking (mind you this can quickly change!! )

If I start TTC before my wedding/20hrs flight return, I might be distressed because TTC not working, possible m/c, possible horrible flights because of morning sickness. All up, I would expose myself to a lot more stress, possible losses and discomfort/tiredness. Not sure I would be looking fwd to this in the middle of wedding planning...

So I think I will do all my pre TTC analysis in Mar/Apr to make sure everything is in order. Then get off the pill in May/Jun, so that my body has a chance to get its cycles right for September.
    I guess we will then use other contraception method (need to sell this to the husband... haha)
    Oh and also, will take TTC vitamins from Aug.

And will start TTC from Sep 01!!!

Gosh this seem like so far away from today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like a good plan!! Lots of luck to you and what an exciting year!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just thought I would update all the lovely ladies that gave me their opinions on when to start TTC

I obviously changed my plans cause I am now UTD from the first try!

Lots of illness and deaths around me this year made me revise my priorities. Life is too short!
    Last edited by ExcuseMyFrench; 02-08-2012 at 18:08. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    /$&
    Last edited by HOMS; 16-08-2012 at 23:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I flew AND got married in my 1sy trimester. Wedding was amazing, even though i was the sober bride and the flightSSSSS to italy were fine. I just made sure i got special meals (vego) as i didnt want something meaty that had been sitting around for ages. PLus i got served FIRST!!! Being preg at your wedding and flying isnt all bad!
    I probably wouldnt wait with TTC, it took us 6 months of trying with our first, it took me 6 weeks to even ovulate again after stopping the pill.

Good luck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jennibear For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HOMS View Post
    Any advice??? I know there is the whole infertility or unexplained infertility possibility and there is never a right time so that is obvious stuff to consider but need objective people's POV.
    Such a tough question... Is there really a right time?
    For me I don't think there would be. It took me 29 years to meet my dream of a husband. So this year wasn't right as we are getting married, after that we could have waited a little longer to put more $$$ aside and try and buy a house.
    Maybe then it would have been the right time. Maybe something else would have come along.

Personally I ended up seeing building our own family as priority number 1. We want 3, I am 31yo and I had no idea how easy or not it would be too conceive.
    And tbh, we already had a small wedding in Australia, so I don't mind being pg for the other one. + I made DH promised to put a whole box of champagne AND another of wine aside for after the baby is born

In your case, I can see that the surgery would be an issue. Can you ask your doctor? It would give you a yes or no answer in term of whether to wait at least until after the surgery.
    I am sure you will know when the time feels right (or when you feel too impatient)