+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default early/late teethers

I've heard that some babies (rarely, however) are born with teeth! If you had one please let me know haha. Otherwise, what's the earliest/latest teether you've come across?

I think the earliest I've known was a 4 month old and the latest teether I know is a 10month old who just got her first tooth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD5 got her first tooth on the day after her first birthday. There has been a thread about this subject before and several other people mentioned bubs being several months older before getting their first tooth.

I was also told that the later one starts getting baby teeth, the later they'll get adult teeth, so it gives them a little extra time to learn how to brush properly before the adult teeth come ... and that the adult teeth will be stronger when they break through.

It does seem to be that she waited an extra year (compared to her sisters and schoolfriends) before getting adult teeth. I cannot really comment on whether or not they are stronger teeth, but her teeth are severly overcrowded and we have had to have four baby teeth removed by a dentist because they weren't falling out naturally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD (6 months) has 2 bottom teeth which appeared when she was 4 months old. I have heard this is within the typical range of between 4 mths - 1 year for first tooth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd4 didn't get her first tooth til 14 months. She is now 19 months and has a grand total of 6 teeth. Dentist isn't concerned. My other kids got teeth at around 5months. Tegan had me very worried for a while

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My kids didn't get their first teeth until they were 10 and 11 months.
    DD2 teethed until she was 2 years and 9 months.
    DS is 2 years and 3 months (on the 2nd of Feb) and has 11 teeth.

DD1 is 6 and doesn't have anything even remotely close to a loose tooth so for her this late teething business is ringing true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was 9.5 months old when he cut his first tooth. he's now 16 months and has 10, with a few more about to cut. its within the typical range to cut a first tooth between 3-16 months old. there is often a genetic link, if you or DP were late to get teeth chances are your babies will be too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have twins....DS got his bottom 2 teeth when he was 4 months, but his sister didn't get her bottom two until about 8 months. By this time, DD had 8 teeth in total!