+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default When to stop sleeping on my back.

I'm a back sleeper and im 25 weeks. When do i have to stop? I'm getting a sore back so was thinking it was from that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i never had a problem sleeping on my back with ds or this baby i just prop myself up a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When it gets uncomfortable! Propping yourself up a bit is a good idea if you can't get comfy on your side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sweet! I read somewhere it was dangerous due to baby cutting circulation off somewhere. Back it is!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah OP you are right. It's around 16 weeks that you should stop sleeping on your back. That said, my ob said don't stress too much because if you are cutting off oxygen to the baby you will feel extremely nauseous etc before baby is in any danger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    Yeah OP you are right. It's around 16 weeks that you should stop sleeping on your back. That said, my ob said don't stress too much because if you are cutting off oxygen to the baby you will feel extremely nauseous etc before baby is in any danger.
    This is right. You generally wake up before anything can happen.

You could try sleeping on your side - but every time I did this I kept waking up on my back! Towards the end of my pregnancy I'd wake up gasping for air, roll back onto my side only to wake up on my back again.

Try not to stress too much

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find myself waking up numerous times during the night on my back - needing to pee!!! I am getting sore shoulders regardless of what side I try & sleep on! :-(
    I am naturally a tummy sleeper! Almost 21weeks now ;-) so have to perserveer - poor DH has had to sleep on couch numerous times as I snore louder than a walrus! Esp on my back haha!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe also that it's better to sleep on your left side than your right due to the above mentioned reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I side sleep I sleep on my left anyways cause both dp and I can't sleep facing each other. I just can't get comfy on my side!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    Yep this is what I was told too