+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Unhappy Please give me hope

so. I'm 11+5 pregnant (ignore my ticker it's wrong )

On Monday night I had the *tiniest* of brown smears when i wiped, thought it was probably just from DTD
    On Tuesday i went to work and throughout the day there was a couple more. Started getting a bit worried. Got to quarter to 5 and there was too much to ignore (still just a smear, but more) so i went home.
    On Wednesday morning i see the doctor first thing, and he says it should all be fine and to carry on unless the bleeding got worse, or i got cramps, or anything else was worrying me or if it hadn't stopped by Friday i was to go to emergency.
    On Wednesday morning, 2 hours after GP appointment the blood turned red. Go to emergency and get seen straight away. Heartbeat is fine, cervix is closed. The ultrasound place in the hospital closes at midday, so i can't get a scan till friday and as it's 3:30 there's really no time to go book into a private place. They book me in for a scan first thing friday morning, send me home and again tell me if anything gets worse to come back in. Dr says that bleeding is quite common at 12 weeks, and could be from the placenta developing. On Wednesday night at 9.30 I go to the toilet and there is a big gush of blood and big clots go to the hospital, lots of cramps, lots more blood. Wait 5 hours and go home without being seen as I am deliriously tired and have decided there's not much they can do if I'm miscarrying anyway, as if i am it's not actually *happening* yet. The triage nurse agrees and says pretty much all they'll do is check my cervix again. Again told to come back if it gets worse. Go home having lost all hope that my baby is ok.
    This morning i wake up and i have no more cramps, and the bleeding has lessened significantly. Am I stupid for still hoping? my scan is at 9 tomorrow, I just want to know. Has anyone had a big bleed and it turned out ok? sorry it's so long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have read similar things happen to other ladies on here and bub has been fine. It's been a hematoma (or something simillar sorry I any remember exactly) but I'm sure other hubbers will come with more help and advice.

stay strong, I'm thinking of you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (26-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry no advice but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to helsbels12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sorry I don't know the answer but I just wanted to give you some

I think the fact there was a heartbeat earlier is a great sign though

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge hugs. It could be a subchorionic hemhorrage. I had a huge gush at 11 weeks 6 days, I lost so much blood (and continued to bleed and cramp overnight) I couldn't imagine how bub could be ok (Id had brown spotting earlier in the pregnancy too). The scan showed my baby was fine and he's currently dozing in my arms

Feel free to pm me I have everything crossed for you. Just take it easy, rest and I hope the scan shows a healthy happy bub

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CluckySC For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (26-01-2012),laurea  (27-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Don't give up hope! I bled on and off from 5 weeks with my last pregnancy. At 8 weeks i was at work and had a massive bleed and passed huge clots. Got to the hospital and they told me to return the next day as they couldn't do a scan that night. I had given up all hope. I spent the night in tears sure i had lost our baby and couldn't see any possible way that things could be ok.

We arrived at the hospital the next morning.. they start the scan and i was preparing myself for the worst and there was the heartbeat!!

I continued bleeding on and off up until 27 weeks including 3 more massive bleeds that had me in hospital for a few weeks.

You may have have a subchronic haematoma which is what caused my first lot of bleeds (the rest were placenta previa)

Stay positive.. the heartbeat was there even after your bleeding had started so that's a good sign! I will be thinking of you. I hope your scan goes well and you see that little heartbeat

11. The Following User Says Thank You to insanity For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re the clots it's often a hemorrhage and hematoma... The hematoma is a clot which either breaks up or absorbs. It can cause miscarriage but more often than not turns out well. I had the hematoma hang around until after 23 weeks, but as I said, bub was fine

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CluckySC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another sending you strength. I too bled on and off in my first pg till 16 weeks. I also had a sub chronic heamotoma. If they checked your cervix thy may have irritated it which could cause some bleeding. Hopping all goes well tomorrow. By the way hearing the HB the other night is a good indicator all is progressing ok x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to smootch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it's a good sign that the bleeding has lessened significantly - in my experience of miscarriages the bleeding carries on heavily for a couple days at least and bleeding lasts for several days (about 7 days for me). For me the pain is bad too.
    Now for a positive story - when pregnant with DD2 i had a massive bleed, it gushed out of me, bright red, lots of it. I just assumed i was miscarrying - i'd done this before and they started this way so i curled into a ball and mourned my loss. The bleeding died down dramatically later that day and i thought that was a bit weird so DH convinced me to go to the ER - thankfully they were able to give me a scan and there was my baby - very much alive, heart beating away.
    It is possible to bleed and still be pregnant. The chances of miscarrying after seeing a heartbeat are low.
    Look it is still possible you are miscarrying but don't give up hope - i think it sounds like a reasonable chance that your bleeding is not a m/c. Bleeding is surprising common in pregnancy (as i learnt during my threatened m/c).
    I'm sorry you are experiencing this - being in limbo is the worst thing and i understand just wanting to know either way.
    Good luck

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (26-01-2012),laurea  (27-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im another with hematomas, with both pregnancies. I bled, cramped and clotted for three weeks with DS, then had random bleeds/cramping from 5 wks until 19 weeks with DD with "two significant perinatal hematomas" that finally bled out or absorbed. I went on to carry my healthy babes to term.

Also it is a greatly reduced risk of miscarriage once heartbeat has established. Fingers crossed for you.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

19. The Following User Says Thank You to breakthemould For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (27-01-2012)