+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 17 month old won't sleep just screams till he vomits HELP!!!

So this has been our night for the last week!! He went through a stage of it a few months ago then suddenly stopped now his doing it again.
    Could it be teething?? I can't see any coming through but he it's hard to see in his mouth cos he won't usually open it.
    Usually we put him to bed around 7:30 and he will sleep till 11:30pm have a bit of bottle then either sleep through till 8am or usually wake around 5 am for a bottle and sleep till 9:30am.
    The last week thou he screams hysterically as soon as we put him to bed, I've tried standing in there an he just laughs at me. If I leave the room he screams so much he vomits after just 5 min!!
    He didn't go to sleep last night till 11pm... We tried to put him to bed from 7:30pm but he ended up vomiting at 9 and so I gave up and let him play in the lounge room.
    He totally happy to get up and play but his so tired he trips and hurts him self and his gets dark circles under his eyes. I have tried putting him in bed with me and so has DH but he screams till the lights are turned on and he can get up and play.
    I have no idea how we are going to cope when baby number 2 gets here

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Any new foods? Grapes?

Took the red pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DS was doing this...minus the vomiting part. Up playing, exhausted but happy..try and put him to bed and he'd scream. He'd be up until 1am or 2am some nights.
    I took him to my GP because I couldn't see anything wrong with him physically. She suggested worming him...I did and it stopped. Worms are most active of a night + this is when the baby/child has stopped moving and notices them and it's really uncomfortable for them. Worming the family solved that sleeping problem for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No his been eating grapes for months he has been eating them almost everyday lately thou as he loves them at the moment. Hasn't been eating anything different.
    He has a pead appointment for something that would not affect his sleep in any way so I'm going to ask him for help. Im so freaking out over this it's horrible I don't know what we are doing wrong. His doc said cut out all bottles at night and don't give him a bottle before bed but he has always had a bottle before bed there is no way he will sleep without it he just screams and screams, I have tried water instead and also half water half bottle. He isn't fat at all so I figured he is wanting the bottles at night cos he needs them and to be honest I don't mind him having bottles at night it's just this whole not going to bed till 11 and screaming and vomiting If we don't get him straight up.
    Could he want to go into a toddler bed? Ugh I have no idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    My DS was doing this...minus the vomiting part. Up playing, exhausted but happy..try and put him to bed and he'd scream. He'd be up until 1am or 2am some nights.
    I took him to my GP because I couldn't see anything wrong with him physically. She suggested worming him...I did and it stopped. Worms are most active of a night + this is when the baby/child has stopped moving and notices them and it's really uncomfortable for them. Worming the family solved that sleeping problem for us.
    Really?! He plays with our dogs alot and we bought him a puppy who he plays in side with alot so this could be it. I'm pregnant so don't think I can take worming tablets so would they still work on him? I don't think my DH or I have worms but I guess Dosnt mean DS doesn't. Thankyou it's worth a try!
    Anyone else found worms were the problem??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You can't take worming tablets when pg but there are natural ways to rid any from your body...if you just do a search on here you'll find them.

Definitely give it a try...