+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crunchie View Post
    DD started last week and i made mini quiches for her lunch they are yummy cold!! Easy recepie they take about 5 mins to prepare i will pm you the recepie if you like!

Corn thins rice crakers etc i give aswell. And thank god for squeezy yogurts and fruit!
    Could I be really cheeky and ask for the recipe too!

I have been thinking if this for when my bubs eventually goes to school etc. I was thinking of making homemade sausage rolls, quiches, zucchini slices etc, stuff that I can cook, freeze and can defrost in the lunch box etc.

Maybe do wholegrain wraps as an alternative to bread, or sushi etc.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD started last week and i made mini quiches for her lunch they are yummy cold!! Easy recepie they take about 5 mins to prepare i will pm you the recepie if you like!

Corn thins rice crakers etc i give aswell. And thank god for squeezy yogurts and fruit!
    Can I also be cheeky and ask for the recipe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Recipie!

Turn on oven to about 190 degs

Take 2 sheets of frozen puff pastry from freezer and lay them out to defrost ( this takes 5 mins)

Chop up whatever vegies you are putting in the mixture, i use mushrooms tomatoes and red onions. I chop them up small.

In a large bowl handwhisk 3 eggs, and about 2/3 cup of milk. Add in about 1 cup grated cheese. Add in vegies and just mix up the mixture.

Oil your muffun tin and i use a large wide cup to use as a cutter for pastry. Cut out the circles and place in the muffin tin, doesnt matter if it only half fills the tin. I usually get about 12 circles out of the pastry.

Spoon in the mixture into the pastry doesnt matter if the mixture is higher than the pastry.

Bang in the oven for about 20-25 mins

Yummo!

Alternative fillings are grated carrot pumpkin and sweet potatoe, bacon and mushroom.

If putting bacon in. Fry off firt is fry pan.

Hope this doesnt sound too long winded its really easy and the little ones love them!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to crunchie For This Useful Post:

Chocolate All Gone Now  (26-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Recipie!

Turn on oven to about 190 degs

Take 2 sheets of frozen puff pastry from freezer and lay them out to defrost ( this takes 5 mins)

Chop up whatever vegies you are putting in the mixture, i use mushrooms tomatoes and red onions. I chop them up small.

In a large bowl handwhisk 3 eggs, and about 2/3 cup of milk. Add in about 1 cup grated cheese. Add in vegies and just mix up the mixture.

Oil your muffun tin and i use a large wide cup to use as a cutter for pastry. Cut out the circles and place in the muffin tin, doesnt matter if it only half fills the tin. I usually get about 12 circles out of the pastry.

Spoon in the mixture into the pastry doesnt matter if the mixture is higher than the pastry.

Bang in the oven for about 20-25 mins

Yummo!

Alternative fillings are grated carrot pumpkin and sweet potatoe, bacon and mushroom.

If putting bacon in. Fry off firt is fry pan.

Hope this doesnt sound too long winded its really easy and the little ones love them!!!
    Thanks