+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    At the orientation they said to pack spares for in case they have an accident, so I don't think our school will call you to pick him up/change him if he has an accident.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Great seems I'll have to call them and ask how they handle it. Bloody ridiculous given my 3 year old has had one accident since he decided to wear jocks just after his 2nd birthday, here I am a year later and my oldest still has accidents!

Took the red pill.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    At the orientation they said to pack spares for in case they have an accident, so I don't think our school will call you to pick him up/change him if he has an accident.
    Thank you! Blerh I can't imagine having to walk down there in the middle of the day in this heat

Took the red pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thermi. Is he preschool/prep/kindy
    Or starting big school

When we have kids have accidents at work I'm in the preschool room 3-5 so all are toileting unless additional needs. We just say its an accident they get changed into their own spare clothes or centre clothes and wet clothes are bagged and patents notified at the end of the day. I try and get them to use their shelf help skills as much as they can so they remove their own clothes put them in the bag and I'll pass out the clean clothes and put the wets in their bag, while they redress. Of course if they need assisting getting clothes or off I'll help them

When my brother started kindergarten/formal school he had an accident one recess and I was called and had to go up to the school with spare clothes for him and change him. I was actually mortified when I got there as they called at the start of recess and by the time I got up there they were just going back into class and he'd been allowed to play and go back to class with wet clothes on. Why wasn't he in sick bay I was so upset and embarrassed for him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My son actually had a poo accident at kindy (I was so surprised as it had been over a year since he'd done that!). The EA cleaned him up, poor woman!
    That was 4yo kindy which is connected to the primary school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's a 4 year old kindy connected to a school, I should of asked B&B as our children are going to the same one I just hope he doesn't poop at school in his pants! I kind of hoped he would of been 100% TT by now

Took the red pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    It's a 4 year old kindy connected to a school, I should of asked B&B as our children are going to the same one I just hope he doesn't poop at school in his pants! I kind of hoped he would of been 100% TT by now

Took the red pill.
    I wouldn't worry. I look at it as part of my job. Accidents happen poor or wees especially if they are sick. We clean up vomit even. Just all part of the job. If they complained I think that was unreasonable. Even if they are connected to the school it's still prep/preschool all non formal school it's all about preparing for next year. We don't expect perfection. he will get there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Pink-Hen View Post
    I wouldn't worry. I look at it as part of my job. Accidents happen poor or wees especially if they are sick. We clean up vomit even. Just all part of the job. If they complained I think that was unreasonable. Even if they are connected to the school it's still prep/preschool all non formal school it's all about preparing for next year. We don't expect perfection. he will get there
    Thank you

Took the red pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would recommend starting a sticker chart (or similar) reward system to encourage dry days. That way he won't lose sight of it and will be second nature.

I am sure he will be fine. They do regular toileting times too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not that staff WON'T do it, child protection says we can't do it!! But if he can change himself they will verbally assist. If not, they will give you a call!