+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default How does your childs kindy* teacher handle toileting accidents?

As above?

*4 year old kindy..

Took the Red pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    when I was on prac we would just sort of say woopsie just an accident asked why they didn't go ( forgot to, was playing game etc) and then put the wet pants in a plastic bag and put new ones on. and tell the parents after. obviously different if it was an on going problem

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had spare clothes. No big deal, just got on with it. The teachers assistant does the changing. Other kids oblivious to it really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm a TA and you see it all the time No big drama, you just take the child to get changed and cleaned up without making a big fuss.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Cool, my mum was telling me if he has an accident I'd have to go down and change him as the staff won't do it?? He is able to change himself he just needs a bit of directing ie. pop your clothes in the bag and use a wipe to clean yourself..verbal directions on how to be sure his clothes are on the right way around

Can I send him with flushable wipes? I do like to know he has cleaned himself properly.

Took the red pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah fine to send wipes just let the carer know there in the bag

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPowering For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (26-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does he have accidents often?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Depends sometimes none sometimes 2-3 a day :/

Took the red pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD is starting Kindergarten at school this year. We were told at orientation that they had to be fully toilet trained and that if they had an accident we would be called to pick them up.
    I'm not really happy about this as 2 years ago with DD1 we were told to pack spare knickers and shorts.
    Also 2 years ago Kindy was 4 half days while this year it has changed to 2 full days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Cool, my mum was telling me if he has an accident I'd have to go down and change him as the staff won't do it??

That's how it worked at my DD kindy in VIC. They would call if she had an accident I had to go in and clean her up or I could take her home early. She only had a few accidents.

That is why I haven't looked in to kindy for my DS 4 in June. His not 100% TT. Still needs to be told to take him self to the toilet then needs help getting his jocks back on. He goes to daycare 2 days a week they are happy to work with us on TT, some days if he has to many accidents (3+ accidents) they will put him in a pull up. They all so put a nappy on him for sleep time.