+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Solids making bub constipated.

Just wondering what is the best way to help DS 6 months with constipation. He's having plenty fresh fruit and veges and some water... any advice for helping constipation would be appreciated. TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi!

Pears are the best fruit for constipation! Do you puree of do you do BLW? Either way they are quite soft for cooking/eating.

Is you bub constipated at the moment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    WE're not doing BLW and he has been having pears the last few mornings...he would sure give one a good go if i gave it to him tho. Maybe we need more pears at lunch time too..lol.. i dont have any fresh ones left atm. I noticed his stools were getting thicker and harder yesterday.. this morning he was grunting for all he was worth only to produce a tiny pebble .. I'd like to get onto it before it gets worse, thanks for your advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    How old is bub and are you bf or ffing? If you've just started solids, I would back off for a little while and give less solids and more milk, especially if you are bfing, until his tummy/ bowel gets used to the solids.
    I have noticed with my bub who is only having a little fruit an veg, her poos are becoming quite solid already!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A little constipation is normal when bub first starts solids. LOTS of fruit and veg (not sweet pot, potato, rice cereal as theres not alot of ligud in them). Pear, apple, prunes, broccoli, carrot all pureed are good). AND LOTS of water. Especially in this hot weather!!

I used to do things like brocolli and pear, Cauliflower and apple. Just make sure its all puree and nice a runny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He's just 6 months old, and has only being having solids for about 2.5 weeks, but has really really taken to them. Ive been really reluctant to give him broccoli..lol.. didn't want to give him a pain in the tummy..hehe.. so he can have it.. and cauliflower and prunes????? His purees have been pretty thick, maybe I need to make them more runny...Im reluctant to give him juice.water should be enough right??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't give him normal juice, but apparently prune juice is the thing for constipation. I think you can make it by boiling some prunes in water and giving the water. Or if you use actual prune juice you need to dilute it with water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is he having any baby rice? It made DS so consipated within two days of stopping it he had no issues at all. I never gave it to him again... I also agree that pears are great

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, rice cereal was awful here

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub