+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You could always have bill on the birth certificate and just call him Billy.
    But if Billy is what YOU want don't listen to anyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My nephew is Billy - not short for anything. We love it and its his name and suits him well. My Dad is william but my sister didn't like William so settled on Billy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on you little boy I agree with most people here- if you like the shortened version of a name, then perhaps name your bubba with the short version: Tom, Bill, Sam. Good strong, classic names. If you name your baby Thomas but always call him Tom, what name will he write down at school? At work? I reckon go straight for the short version. I have 2 sons- Clive and Ray- not short for Raymond, just Ray. It suits him. All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a friend who has a Billy... And that is his name on birth cert etc. there is no reason you can't call your DS Billy if that is what you like.

We, on the other hand have a William and we call him Will. A few people tried to call him Billy when he was born but we put a big stop to that (no offence). He gets Will or Wilbur!

Thanks
    Reviews
    we have a billy too- born william and i was going to call him will but i took one look at him and its been Bill or Billy ever since!!
    Boys names are HARD! I have JUST found out I am pregnant (only about 5 weeks along) and i have NO boy names i like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you want to call your child Billy then do it! There are lots of kids with names that were once considered nicknames. If you want an alternative, try Will, since you dont like William. You can still call him "Billy" as a nickname for Will. I was going to call my second child Will if it was a boy, but it was a girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know a little Billy, not short for William. I think it's lovely!

I have a Charlie too. That's his name on his birth certificate. Only one or two people have asked if it's short for Charles, I've said no and they didn't appear horrified!

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My best friend called her bub Jake Charlie, not Jacob Charles. And my nephew is also called Billy. Do whatever you want