+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Boys Names Help

I had my heart so set on a girl that I refused to choose a boys name - well, I found out at my morph scan yesterday at 21 weeks that we're having a boy... I'm sooooooooooo disapointed, I know I'll get over it, but at the moment I'm trying to think of positive things to help me - like names... but I'm having a hard time finding one I really like!!

We like Billy (but because it's normally short for William, and I don't like William, DH doesn't think we should him just Billy.. But I think we can??)

We like Thomas, because it would be shortened to Tom or Tommy and the same with Samuel - Sam or Sammy...

Can anyone give their advice and throw some boys names my way please??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like Thomas and Samuel. Not sure about Samuel but Thomas has been very popular a number of years though so we are avoiding it... I need boys names too! At the moment we like Harrison and Adam, and DH likes Magnus.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't know that anyone besides my DH liked the name Magnus! I'm not a fan of it at all.

From the names on your list I like Billy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, I really wanted another girl too, but was almost 100% sure it was a boy before it was confirmed (doesn't stop me asking them to check every time I have a scan though!) I too am struggling for boys names. My sis's little boy is called Thomas and they call him Tom. I like Billy too. My DP likes Samuel but I'm not keen. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Charlie
    Zachary - Zach
    Maxwell - Max
    Harrison - Harry
    Seth
    Flynn
    Finn
    Darcy
    Jacob- jake
    Oscar
    Jesse
    Tyler
    Bailey
    Marley
    Archer
    Kobi
    Cohen
    Callum
    Caleb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My fav boys name is Mason I love it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Sorry to hear you didn't get your girl, big hugs. But glad bubba boy is healthy xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our DS is a Billy - I love love love the name!!! We went Billy - not William then nicknamed Billy, as Billy was the name we liked, not William - this was after a fair bit if discussion about wether Billy was a real name, as oppossed to nicknamee - we definitely think it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzz View Post
    Our DS is a Billy - I love love love the name!!! We went Billy - not William then nicknamed Billy, as Billy was the name we liked, not William - this was after a fair bit if discussion about wether Billy was a real name, as oppossed to nicknamee - we definitely think it is.
    That is the exact discussion we had yesterday with the family... nobody believes me Billy is a name... cause I don't like William either...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    That is the exact discussion we had yesterday with the family... nobody believes me Billy is a name... cause I don't like William either...
    As I explained to my partner, most names are derivatives of other names (ie; Isabella from Elizabeth, jack is a nickname version of John, etc) so I put Billy in the same category. I learnt quickly to ignore family - our surname starts with a B and both my MIL (who I love to bits) and Mum laughed when we said we were thinking of naming our bubba Billy B... (think along the lines of Billy Brownless...) - I then akwardky pointed out that we were serious... They all love his name now and agree that no name would suit him better - cheeky and oh so cute is our Billy!!!! I say use it - best name out there!!!!