+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So, doing the tough love thing, sheesh that kid is hot on my tails out the door each and everytime... very hard trying not to show how annoyed I am...when I turn around he even has his arms up so I can pick him up under the arms (kids carrying so as to not be hugging him) adn take him back to bed... grrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG...he hasnt come out in like the last ten minutes...please please please be asleep!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Might be a bit random, but my first thought was "is he hungry?".

My 30month old is a different child once she has eaten a full meal. Maybe he is going through a growth spurt?

Also agree with the put back method you are doing!

Good luck with it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    id guess that he is just testing you..he might be thinking 'mummy doesn't make me sleep during the day any more, so I wonder what will happen at bedtime ??' my ds did the same thing..
    I have a child lock on the inside of his door. ..I'd hate to know what he'd get into at night otherwise!, he just calls for me if he needs anything

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Na, he's not hungry. We always make sure he eats something (not usually his dinner tho which has gotten him into the habit of knowing he doesnt have to eat his dinner cos he can have a sandwich - thats one to tackle later on!).

I was going to put one of the safety gates up but DH has lost all the bits to attach them...grrr... so anyway we are on round two tonight and DH is away ...sp far half an hour and up to about 30 and going strong. Frustrating bit is I have lunches to make and ironing for work and laundry to do and etc etc etc but cant do jack til he stays in bed.

anyway, gonna turn all lights, tv, computer off now, harder for him to navigate the house in the dark!

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh dear, 1 hr 20 in and my patience is wavering...he is screaming, if bubs wakes Im in a whole nother world of hurt...grrr...breathe breathe breathe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stay strong! If you give in it will last longer next time you try, trust me I know from experience lol. Just think, next sleep won't be so bad. Good luck, think happy thoughts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mezzee!! Made it *whew* much louder than last night and took just as long *sigh* Fingers crossed for tomorrow night I have a whole week with DH away so probably not the best time to be doing this but the alternative would be driving me nuts as well lol.

Oh... you are due on the 16/3 - my due date for DS1 and DS3 (both born on 1/3). Not long to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    some families have a huge pressure that they live in apartment blocks where neighbours can hear any sound
    and neighbours think there is a child neglect situation if we leave the child to cry or if the child cries and screams at bedtime.
    we have this issue which is funny as i once read about it on a forum where someone was asking about screaming they heard from a neighbours in the evening and wondered if they should cause children protective services and others advised them that its common at bedtime. it is a very stressful issue if you cant just leave your child to cry a bit and learn to stay in bed that we wont give in , its a big added pressure if there is also this sitaution of worried or stressed neighbours.
    We once had a neighbour call out ' is everything alright'. shes just 3 and her night misbehaviour is really bad since daylight savings and its horrible having this extra pressure.