+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh guttered haha the houses there looked nice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What do you like house and suburb wise, as that can narrow it down?

Eg, I wouldn't live in a brick and tile new estate or an outer suburb, so that makes it easier to decide for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyp View Post
    There's marching here? Totally off topic haha. I'd so be interested!!

Yep I marched for midgets and under 16s then when there wasn't a team for me cos not enough people I coached a kiwi team

They're uniforms are not green anymore, the changed to a black top with green tartan now it's a white top with black tartan, 3 of my cousins still march for them and my two aunties are chaperones.. My mum also marched in a seniors team for a while.. Family affair. I loved it. Haven't had anything to do with it since I left timaru for CHCH to go to uni four years ago
    Yes very off topic! Ill send you a pm so as not to clog up your tgread

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not so worried about the house as long as it is a house with a bit of a year thats newish lol

Hope that's not being too fussy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tarragindi is a lovely suburb, and reasonably convenient to St.Lucia, probably 2 buses, or a bus and a bit of a walk (across the Elenor Schonell bridge). BUT you would probably only get a bit of a dump of a house for about $450K.
    Salisbury is just a bit further from the city than Tarragindi, but is heaps cheaper, I think you would pick up something reasonable in your budget there.
    Both suburbs are very convenient to Ipswich rd/ motorway, so I imagine it wouldn't take long to get to Wacol.
    Graceville is lovely, but flooded pretty badly I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My daughter is also looking for areas close to UQ, though she wants to be within 30 mins by bus. For you willing to stretch a bit longer, Annerley or Yeronga should work. A little further out is Salisbury/Sherwood, but we warned that several areas went under in the flood.

I liked the look of this house, but it is $455 so just above your range.
    http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...illy-403280529

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If you want to see whether a property flooded, google "brisbane city council floodwise". You then enter the address and you get a flood report.

Not sure if there is a similar free search function for those outside of bcc area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks, That flooding website will be helpful! Pretty keen on not moving from one natural disaster to another..

Will look soon I'm still in bed haha
    Last edited by Sammyp; 26-01-2012 at 09:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We live in springwood classed as Logan city. It's about 30 from Wacol by car the rent can be pricey we currently pay $410 per week here we have a pool and a 3 bedroom you can get nice places for around this and abit more you can get a bus to the city it's nice and hilly here and all the houses we have been in here 3 of them we have never been flooded

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh and whilst a train doesn't go to the uni, Dutton Park station is only 1.3km (20min walk) from the green bridge that takes you to Queensland University.

So if you like Calamvale, perhaps consider nearby suburbs of Runcorn and Sunnybank that are on the Beenleigh train line.