+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Any suggestions on calam vale and drew vale had a wee look online and they seem nice? Maybe instead of looking ipswitch I need to look south a bit more..

Thanks for the suggestions, I will have a better look tomorrow on realestate.com.au
    Last edited by Sammyp; 25-01-2012 at 21:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Riverhills is a great suburb also middle park. There are direct buses to the city all the time from there, lots of peak hour running to the city all day and Wacol isn't that far away by car.

Houses to rent start from 300 to 400 but they are a little old. I used to live there when I moved from syd and it was easy to get to the city on just buses.

There is an bus route to darra station but I have to admit that's the only down side Because they are limited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, regarding Springfield lakes, the train line isn't there 'till next year however there is a train station at Richlands which is 5 mins down the road/highway. There are also bus services (westside bus company) at Springfield lakes and I believe they take you to Goodna train station and the train goes direct to Indooroopilly. You can go to Translink to check out travel times, it is probably about 1.5 hrs travel from the bus stop at Springfield lakes to Indooroopilly. Alternatively, if you can get to Richlands train station, you can get a train to toowong station and catch a bus to uni, this is about 45 mins from Richlands. Once the rail is in at Springfield Lakes, travel will be even quicker. Hope this helps. It is a really great area to live, close to Wacol and accessible to uni.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome sammy ! My partner is from chch too. He came 10 years ago but all his family is still there. It's so heartbreaking I wish everyday thy could come here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyp View Post
    Christchurch nz, but grew up in a town called timaru. Only moved to CHCH full time the day before the earthquake!
    I was born in chch!!! Moved here in 2001 as a 16yo with my family! I love Timaru, spent alot of time there growing up for marching comps.
    Yea the earthquakes are a bit much hey my hubby didn't believe me when I told him we had "earthquake drills" at school. Hope any family or friends you left behind are doing ok xxx

Calamvale is nice, it's were I lived when I first came to brissy, it's only about 10-15 mins up the road from regents park/hillcrest so would still take a while to get to uni. You could also look at Stretton (might be out of price range) Algester, Sunnybank Hills (would need 2 trains to get to uni) or even Forest Lake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not knowing anyone is hard, but I've had lots of advice tonight
    Last edited by Sammyp; 11-04-2012 at 22:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Small world hey?

I just looked at translink they recon about a hour from calam vale if I travel two k's to bus stop.. Might have to get the bike out haha
    Last edited by Sammyp; 11-04-2012 at 22:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyp View Post
    Omg I marched too!!! Haha for years... For temuka milliteers (sp?)

Small world hey?

I just looked at translink they recon about a hour if I travel two k's to bus stop.. Might have to get the bike out haha
    Nah not a small world, just a kiwi thing
    I remember marching against temuka in under 12s/ midget grade... I always lived your big fluffy green feathers I marched for Phoenix then Skellerup. Still do it now, state titles in march, you should cone for a nosey.
    It's nothing like NZ but, actually it is crap in comparison, but I suck at all other sports so I'm sticking with it haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's marching here? Totally off topic haha. I'd so be interested!!
    Last edited by Sammyp; 11-04-2012 at 22:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Drewvale and calmanvale take forever on the bus. Seriously. Forever!!!

chelmer/graceville/toowong suggestions are good!!