+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Places to live Brisbane...

Hi there,
    Me and my DF have just moved to Brisbane and need some advice on where to live.

We are looking for a house with 3/4 bedrooms between 350 to 450 if we have to go that high.

Thanks is advance
    Last edited by Sammyp; 11-04-2012 at 22:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm northside Brisbane so can't help with suburbs that way but thought id bump the thread for ya I'm sure someone can help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Inner west FTW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sammy

I to work in Wacol and travel from Eight Mile Plains which is 25 mins each way as I am effectively traveling across traffic.

I think based on your budget of 350-450 you would get best value for money in maybe Springfield lakes, there is a train line there now that runs into the city and I am pretty sure it passes the uni. It would also be about a 20 min run to Wacol.
    Other option would be Regents Park/Hillcrest in Logan, there are a few nice housing estates around that area. Getting to uni may take longer then an hour though, maybe 2 buses or a bus and train, hubby would have a 25-35 min drive but would pass through a toll both so that would cost about $6 a day.

I strongly suggest checking out the flood maps from last January and maybe looking at the current list of road closures due to flash flooding and plan around the worst effected areas.

Maybe jump on realestate.com.au to get a feel for house prices in certain areas, obviously the closer to the city you get (like living close to uni) the more you will pay.

Hope I've helped

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes if does, we checked out springfield lakes but didn't realise there was a train line there. I thought it was coming in 2013. Where abouts is the station down there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Indooroopilly, chapel hill, kenmore would be good. They are safe, middle class type areas with shops, schools and 10k or less to cbd. Plus proximity to western freeway for wacol commute.

It would only take your partner 15-20 mins by car to get to wacol, and less than an hour to get to uq by pt.

Living on a train line is good, but the train doesn't go to uq. It goes to toowong, and then you catch a bus to uq.

Re Springfield, I don't think the train line is completed there yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Indooroopilly would suit best I think, I'm not 100% on public transport but near the shops would give you heaps of options to uq. Toowong will also suit. Otherwise you have Sherwood, corinda, oxley, chelmer, graceville as these also run along the same train line and are a little closer to wacol

Yep, it's another iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyp View Post
    Yes if does, we checked out springfield lakes but didn't realise there was a train line there. I thought it was coming in 2013. Where abouts is the station down there?
    Whoops sorry you are right! It has been 'fast travked' to be completed 2 years early, for some reason I though that meant it would be bought forward from 2013 to 2011... My bad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where did you move from Sammy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nz..
    Last edited by Sammyp; 11-04-2012 at 22:29.