+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question miscarriage continually going on and on.....fairly over it

hi girls,
    well i started spotting xmas day (had a scan and showed heartbeat and baby at 6 weeks) and then on new years day alot of bleeding started as well as passing clots etc (so this is officially the first day of the m/c i guess). Anyway, have had a scan since, one on the 11th of jan, showing most of the 'stuff' was gone except some stuff still left over, then had another scan done the following week, which showed still a clot left over. So they gave me misoprostol to assist my body to rid the rest by getting my uterus to contract. I had actually no cramping at all and yet i did pass i large clot and have bleeding, but i'm still spotting......grrrrrrrrrrrr. yes it has eased up since since the misoprostol, but i'm still spotting.

I dont see my doc for another 4 weeks, but am gonna try and see her earlier if possible.

I'm wondering if i'm heading towards a D & C?

Anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry for your loss I too had miscarriages in April and December of last year.

I don't have much advice but by the sounds of things you may have passed the last of the left over clots. How are you feeling? My pain totally disappeared when everything had passed and then just bled for a while, then down to spotting until it finally all disappeared.

If you cannot get in to see your regular doctor could you just see a different doc just to get a referral for another scan to check everything out?

Have you been having blood test to check your HCG has returned to normal?

Take care of you..
    Last edited by OneLove; 25-01-2012 at 19:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent had the HCG blood test yet, she was gonna do it in 4 weeks. If it were to say it's gone back down to 0, then does this mean my body just has left overs which will in turn pass thru themselves? But I guess if it's still above 0, then they'd prob recommend a D & C.

I have had no pain at all, not with either miscarriages or after taking these pills (and i was armed with loads of pain killers and have not needed them). Bizarre i know, but i have felt no cramps, pain or anything (not that i'm complaining, but it has got me wondering if my body is being sufficient enough in getting rid of it all). My periods following the april miscarriage were clotty for about 4 cycles, but atleast the actual bleeding from the m/c back then stopped at 2-3 weeks. I'm now at 3.5 weeks, or 4.5 if you include when i began spotting.

I will give my body one more week to rectify itself, but i really just dont want an infection. Next week will be me and my hubby's 15th anniversary from when we first started dating, so we have a romantic weekend away planned.

Thanks for getting back to me onelove xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It does kinda sound to me like a d&c might be of assistance.... I've spoken to women who have had this go on for ages if they had any 'retained products'.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I had a mc a few months ago and at the time I felt i'd never feel human/normal again but I suppose we do pull through these things. Absolutely awful for it to be dragging on for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay, I guess all doctors do things differently but my doc sent me for bloods (HCG quantitive) from the first week after I had the baby and then each week until HCG came down to 2 or below (I think it 2 that they like it to be or below). I think that if the HCG isn't coming down then you know there is still 'retained products of pregnancy' (or however they put it). If it's down to normal then it's obvious things have all passed.

I am also going for a ultrasound to check all is well.

I agree, if you feel comfortable, then let your body take care of things. If you are not experiencing sickness or fever then I've been told that things are most likely all okay as far as infection goes. I think the fact that you are feeling physically okay is a good sign.

hth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. I went through something similiar. I had a missed MC in Feb last year at 13 weeks (baby had passed at 8 weeks). Decided to do misoprostol rather then D&C. Passed the baby but ended with retained product. Did another round of misoprostol to try and pass the retained procduct but it didn't move. As it was only small they were happy to let it pass natuarally. I had my first period about 5 weeks later and the product didn't pass and spotting started. I ended up with a d&c about a week later.

It was a long process but to be honest it helped me process the MC and I was emotionally stronger when I went in for the D&C if that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tls5431 View Post
    Yes. I went through something similiar. I had a missed MC in Feb last year at 13 weeks (baby had passed at 8 weeks). Decided to do misoprostol rather then D&C. Passed the baby but ended with retained product. Did another round of misoprostol to try and pass the retained procduct but it didn't move. As it was only small they were happy to let it pass natuarally. I had my first period about 5 weeks later and the product didn't pass and spotting started. I ended up with a d&c about a week later.

thanks for your email. you have me wondering if i should get this sorted now, stuff being stuffed around with another dose of the stuff. i just want this m/c remnants to be over and done, i'm sick of the constant reminder.......

for 3 reasons i want this over with
    i wanna finally have sex with my hubby
    i dont wanna get an infection, and i just wanna return to normal, so we can finally TTC in a month or so. there's no way i want 4 stupid cycles again.

But then again, my doc is really against giving out D & Cs unless really necessary. She says you dont wanna have to go thru with it, if you can do other things first.

As i said, i'll give my body a week, and if there's still some stuff coming out in a week, i will book another doc and get bloods done and request a scan which i'll pay for. my other doc is a recurring m/c lady thru the public sector, so they tell YOU when your appoint is, and get very little opp to have a diff time, which is tough when just starting a new job, i dont wanna come across as being a sick person as yet. you wanna hold your sickies for actual sickness and winter time

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had mine managed with the Early Pregnancy Unit at the Mater and they did weekly bloods to make sure the HCG levels were dropping. I was my decision to try and pass naturally but for some reason my body did not want to let it go. After my first period I decided to opt for the D&C for the same reasons you mentioned above.

I didn't show any signs of infection during the entire process and we fell pregnant on my 3rd cycle after the D&C and I'm currently 28 weeks pregnant. I hope you get it sorted soon as I know how frustrating it is waiting to TTC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was thinking it was my period kicking in on the 30th (last monday), and so on that day i also had the doc take my HCG levels and she said they came back as under 2 so she was happy that is my period and that it should all just be normal from now on....... well i'm happy to say that my period and spotting seemed to have eased up sat morning.

So guess i'm now CD 8 and ready to TTC again