+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You will be fine, and I would suggest getting away as much as possible before your first, travelling is never the same with kids in tow. 26wks you wont be that big. I just went away for a week including a 7hr drive with my toddler (alone) at 31wks and being second pregnancy I have pelvic instability I didnt have first time around so it was harder but not bad. I wish we had more holidays when I was preg with first, will never forget our babymoon. Enjoy!

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was about that far along when we went to the UK for a few weeks. I walked around a lot! It was all fine - I wasn't huge, but definitely showing (and I ended up really huge by 40 weeks!). Unknown to me, I also had GD. Plus I'm an older mum and was 36 when we went.

Just sit and rest when you need to. Always make sure you know where a toilet is! BTW the plane ride was horrible, but that was really, really long - and I get plane sick anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I travel all the time for work (within Australia) and have been fine. My doc is cool with up till I am 34 weeks and then he suggests I stop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, can anyone recommend good travel insurance for international travel up to 28 weeks? Columbus direct will cover pregnancy but not the baby if it is born (which if it's born that early is bad news ). I'd really like one last hurrah holiday, and we have something booked but we won't go unless I can find travel insurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Diem View Post
    Hi, can anyone recommend good travel insurance for international travel up to 28 weeks? Columbus direct will cover pregnancy but not the baby if it is born (which if it's born that early is bad news ). I'd really like one last hurrah holiday, and we have something booked but we won't go unless I can find travel insurance.
    I've booked through Columbus Direct - they're the only ones that will cover up to 30 weeks as far as I can see. They won't pay for birthing your baby but they will pay to repatriate you and your family if neccessary - so they'll bring you home if something happens! I doubt you'll be able to find an insurer that will be happy to pay for you to birth in an overseas hospital though I could very well be wrong.

I'm going to Thailand for 10 days in March. I'll be 27 - 28.5 weeks, and I can't wait! Our plan is to spend one day busily sight seeing and the next relaxing by the pool. It'll be hot & muggy, but I'm certain I'll be fine, if a little uncomfortable. I say live it up while we don't have munchkins to be responsible for!! Though I must also say, I don't believe you can't have holidays and a fun, exciting life after you've had kids. I shall report back in 2 years as to whether my view on this has changed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    I've booked through Columbus Direct - they're the only ones that will cover up to 30 weeks as far as I can see. They won't pay for birthing your baby but they will pay to repatriate you and your family if neccessary - so they'll bring you home if something happens! I doubt you'll be able to find an insurer that will be happy to pay for you to birth in an overseas hospital though I could very well be wrong.

I'm going to Thailand for 10 days in March. I'll be 27 - 28.5 weeks, and I can't wait! Our plan is to spend one day busily sight seeing and the next relaxing by the pool. It'll be hot & muggy, but I'm certain I'll be fine, if a little uncomfortable. I say live it up while we don't have munchkins to be responsible for!! Though I must also say, I don't believe you can't have holidays and a fun, exciting life after you've had kids. I shall report back in 2 years as to whether my view on this has changed.
    I'm going to Thailand in March too! I'm taking the 19 month old though, so it's going to be interesting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I was about 20 weeks UTD I went to KL and Penang and had a ball yes I was tired but very much enjoyed the R&R before the bub arrived

If your having a good pregnancy I say go for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by aLittleLoopy View Post
    I'm going to Thailand in March too! I'm taking the 19 month old though, so it's going to be interesting!
    See!! You CAN have lovely holidays with kids in tow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks team--repatriation might mean a bit of leg-crossing when I'm planning to be in Alaska . I think we might have lost $3k on a trip I am unwilling to take without insurance . Hopefully our travel agent can get some of that back--or we can find an insurance broker who can help out. HBF had a policy that would have been perfect--offered cover up to the end of the 28th week (that's all I need), but they don't offer it as of 28 days ago.