+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, just thought id update. I had a BT yesterday and Dr rang in the evening to tell me my level was now down to 947. Thats fantastic considering 12 days ago it was 290000. Still a long way to go I know but I was pleased to hear that result. No word on the thyroid yet, have to wait until this arvo for that result. Also still waiting for word on the chromosomal testing of our babies. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's excellent news that your body is going back to normal.. The quicker that happens, the sooner you can try again... Try and stay positive as hard as it can be...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Dextersmum,

That is good news to know where you're at. Are they going to do another blood test for you? I finally got into see my GP this afternoon for a bloodtest to see where my HCG is at. Just want to see it go down so we can look at trying again.

I've tried googling but there's not alot out there on when hcg drops & what sort of time period its meant to drop over. The only thing the doctor said was it should be low levels a couple of weeks afterwards. So frustrating!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rocky, did you get your result yet? Yes I know what you mean about the frustation... I have found the same thing which is why I came back in to update, so perhaps someone else googling may come accross it and help them.

My Dr was pleased with my result and I was so happy and excited but when I asked how much longer he thought it would be to finish going down, he suggested a couple of days, he is a young Dr and I am not sure how much experience he has, but he is thorough, but I am thinking it will still be a couple of weeks for it to go down completely rather than days. He wants me to go back in a month- which is 3 weeks now :-) -yes I am counting!!...lol. More to check my thyroid than the hcg. My Thyroid was 26 and had dropped to 19 by itself which is great. The pathology slip suggest 11-17 being the normal range with the lower end of the scale being more ideal for pregnancy. The dr was concerned my thyroid my have been the reason wehad trouble getting preggas in the first place, but we had MFI so that was put to rest, the trouble is now that even though my hcg might be all gone... if the thyroid still plays up than can throw my cycles out. But i am confident it will come good sooner rather than later

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a missed miscarriage at 6 weeks, so my levels would be much lower. I had weekly blood tests and it took 3 weeks (but I suspect 2.5 at most) to get to 0. I o'd 5 days later. Take care of yourselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Dextersmum,

No, still haven't got the results yet! They weren't open yesterday, so I'll call tomorrow & see if they can fit me in after I finish work.

I think that's great that you're updating things so that others can see. I can't believe how difficult its been to find reliable info on this. I looked in the couple of pregnancy books I had but they only have a couple of pages on m/c & don't really explain how fast hcg should leave or what levels it should be at. Very frustrating!! There's so much info that when preg hcg should double every two days, but nothing written about how fast it should drop after a m/c. Very confusing to know if my bodys doing what its meant to be or not.

Thats good though, that your getting good results & answers. Thats good you've got a keen young doctor! Its nice to know that they're being thorough & covering everything. I hope it all goes really well for you. I'll update too as soon as I get my result.

Hi Zoo, thanks for letting me know too. I'm so sorry for everyone's losses, but thanks heaps for updating. Its just useful for others to know, if they're trying to find the same thing out.