+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to crash, but I just wanted to say that you women amaze me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think 7.5 weeks is a very long time for holidays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Couldn't have said it better myself Murrythecat! ... one day ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post
    Sorry to crash, but I just wanted to say that you women amaze me

What about the single dads out there I recently became a single dad of 3 Its hard with work and kids and everything for us aswell :P

I deal with everything and do the best I can every day, holidays are a long time yes but we all chose to have kids and as much as they wear us down we still love them and still keep ploughing on so a pat on the back to everyone who does it by themselves and a pat on the back for those who just have kids in general.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happysize View Post
    What about the single dads out there I recently became a single dad of 3 Its hard with work and kids and everything for us aswell :P

I deal with everything and do the best I can every day, holidays are a long time yes but we all chose to have kids and as much as they wear us down we still love them and still keep ploughing on so a pat on the back to everyone who does it by themselves and a pat on the back for those who just have kids in general.
    Hello and welcome to Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Thanks im sure there will be many ***** sessions to be had from me aswell LOL.

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews

Oh my god! Another guy!! Hehehehe *girlish giggle*

Ahem *manlier cough*

I mean, welcome! Nice to see another bloke here! And another single dad at that!

Thanks
    Reviews

I was raised by a single dad for most of my childhood. Looking back, with 3 daughters and minimal family support, I don't know how he did it.

In some ways i think it's harder for single men who are primary carers, as they are in a minority not so well recognised by society. However, they tend to be praised for what they're doing once people realise, whilst single mothers are more often blamed and criticised for their circumstances.

Having said all that though, it's different for everyone. i have found amazing support through friends, family and work colleagues/employers, and occasionally even on here

The thing about this forum though is just that most of the members are women. Don't mind all the man-bashing, it's simply that as single mothers we often have issues/grievances with exes who are generally male...your story about your wife resonated with me, as it sounded very much like what led so many of us to the situations we are in, simply with the gender roles reversed!

There are a couple of other single dads that float around here, hopefully you will cross paths with some of them soon.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MermaidSister For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (30-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL thanks glutton haha....

And yes I tend to agree you are correct, men get praised for it but women seem to be scrutinized for it which is wrong because its the same job regardless of your gender. And I say job because it is a full time job and then there are those of us who work full time and have kids full time its even more of a challenge.

As for the man bashing... kinda figured it LOL. I will just pretend the genders are reversed and join in lol.

Anyway sorry to OP for hijacking ill start my own thread lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to happysize For This Useful Post:

share a book  (30-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL thanks glutton haha....

And yes I tend to agree you are correct, men get praised for it but women seem to be scrutinized for it which is wrong because its the same job regardless of your gender. And I say job because it is a full time job and then there are those of us who work full time and have kids full time its even more of a challenge.

As for the man bashing... kinda figured it LOL. I will just pretend the genders are reversed and join in lol.

Anyway sorry to OP for hijacking ill start my own thread lol.
    You are ok , post away