+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I just wanted to say

That I'm lonely ..

It's the end of the school holidays and I'm getting over it. We have had play dates and he has done swimming lessons and gone to summer camp and seen family and had people over for lunch but today nothing .we went to the pool and ds kept complaining about the chlorine so we are home again. I'm fed up with being alone with a child,being a single parent sux."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hear you sister. Sometimes it just builds up doesn't it. I hope you have a positive change in routine, or whatever you need, soon.

I'm in a lonely phase at the moment too...I need something!

So over trying to entertain two children, be organised enough to get to school & work on time, and spending every woeful evening sitting at home alone watching cr@p on tv, cleaning the same surfaces around the house over and over and over again, trawling the net for...anything really, posting sh!t on this forum and getting kicked out of the Stepfamilies section LOL

I think it's quite normal to feel that way sometimes, especially at this time of year...going out and seeing intact couples and families everywhere doesn't help if you're feeling a bit vulnerable, either.

Chin up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope tomorrow is a better day. I often feel the loneliness crash on me lately as a single parent too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've felt the same way this week too - DD and I went away on a little holiday for a few days and wow did she wear me down. I hope she had a good time because for me it was just plain hard work. Just ONCE I would like someone else there to respond to her constant, whingey demands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happening here too! Life is lonely when it revolves around keeping the children happy. Doesn't seem to be any time left for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think we all need a medal

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

jemmajam  (26-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amen to that every single parent deserves a standing ovation in my eyes! boy is it hard work, most days I need an extra set of hands sigh but it's just me and you do what you have to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just become a single parent. It sucks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    feel the same way most days.. single mum of 3 (2,4,7).. fed up of parenting alone (ex turns up when and if it suits him)... toilet training 2 year old (he's nearly done) and my 4 year old has a few accidents so pretty much had poo on my hands all day... washing, cleaning and parenting - oh and don't lose your temper or you're a terrible mother... tired and bored. all the while ex is 'living it up'.... I just live in hope that one day my chilren will look back and appreciate what I did for them.