+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lunchbox ideas.... for DH!! (on Construction sites)

Hi ladies,

Just wondering if you had any fantastic ideas for lunchboxes for my husband!

He is often on construction sites, so needs to be something that doesn't need heating or to be kept too cool. I put his lunch in a cooler bag with an icepack, so sandwhiches etc are ok. I normally give him two sandwhiches with bacon and egg and salad / ham and salad which he likes, but if it was me I would get sick of the same thing everyday! He seems to be fine and always thanks me for the lunch as hasn't asked for anything else, but just looking for ideas to give him some variety!

I also make zuccini slice sometimes and give that to him as well, but it needs to be hearty as he gets hungry!

Any ideas? What do you give your DH?
    Thank you!!

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cold fried rice. I make mine with brown rice, lots of veg, egg, Chinese sausage and sprouts. It's very filling. I also do salads using quinoa, pasta and cous cous. As long as whatever you make has a large wholegrain component and a protein component they should be filling and sustaining.

In winter I do soup/stew/casserole/pasta in a thermos.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

NaturalBirth  (25-01-2012)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i know what you mean, i dont get it either EVERY DAY FOREVER my DH takes the same kind of thing for lunch (he chippy).

I brought him a jaffle machine (he has power on site for his tools so can normally plug it in somewhere).

he went through a phase of preferring wrap, right now he is onto rye seedy bread and another time he just wanted nasty white bread. He generally toasts them.

I also send him with salads - noodles salads, green salads w some protein, rice salad, pasta salad (all stuff he can eat cold)

Like PP said in winter soups/casseroles in thermos.

He also loves pies - so I brouhgt a pie maker and put leftover whatever in it. Roast vegies with roast meat, pasta, chow min - whatever is going. He will put this in the jaffle machine to heat up or even eat it cold. For the crust I use bread, filo or normal pastry.

I also make savoury muffins.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

NaturalBirth  (25-01-2012)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    oh and he also take with him 2 pieces of fruit, a yoghurt and trail mix (almonds, pistachios, cranberries, white chocolate, pipitas, sunflower seeds, linseeds) and a thermos of peppermint tea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies,

Forgot I even had a thermos!! He used to take coffee in it. Might do that and sned him with some muesli bars and fruit as well for goodness