+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2girls&1angelboy is offline Has 3 very special people in my life my 2 girls & my angel baby boy xxx
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default If your bub was born at 34~35weeks could you give me some info

Hi everyone,
    I will be 33weeks tomorrow, but I have a scan on the 30th to check bubs weight and everything else and also had bloods today to check out my Thyroid and iron levels which are playing a massive part in this bub being early and also because we lost our son in the last pregnancy.
    Anyway im wanting to know if your bub was born at 34~35weeks
    how long were you in hospital
    did you have steroid shots
    weight
    feeding issues
    breathing issues
    anything else that you can think of that may be helpful for me im very anxiou atm.
    Thank you x

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not my bub but my nephew was born at 34 weeks.

SIL left hospy after 3 days and nephew after 10 days
    No steroids required
    he was 2.75kgs and totally fine
    he had a nasogastric tube while in hospy and a week after he got home to help with his breathing and has been totally fine since then
    he has been exclusively breast feed without issues since day dot. He's 5.5 months old now and a wonderful, happy and chubby bubba (almost 8kgs!)

Hope it goes smoothly. I'm sure you'll have a beautiful, healthy bubba in your arms soon xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS2 was born at 35 weeks

I had a c section and went home on day 5, DS stayed in the special care nursery for 2 weeks as he was being tube fed and it took him a while to learn to suck. I wasn't given any steroids as there was no time but his breathing was fine. He was in a humidicrib for one day as his temp was a little low and he was breathing a bit fast when he was first born but other than that it was just feeding he had to learn to do.

He was 2480g and had no major issues

Good luck! I hope it all goes well

NessaM24 is offline Fred, why don't you go outside and vroom that lawn mower around the yard?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!
    DD2 was born at 36 weeks. Me and her left after 3 days. She had phototherapy for 2 days for slight jaundice and that was it. Attached well and breathing good too. Good luck to you and your bub x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS1 was born at exactly 34 weeks. I had steroids at about 30 weeks as I was completely effaced.
    He was born at 2kg, and had no breathing difficulties. He had trouble maintaining his temperature and was breastfeeding like a pro on day 4, we went home on day 6... Probably a little bit too early now looking back as I was a mess checking his temp every 3 hours, But he was breastfeeding so well they couldn't keep us both in. He was small for about the 1st 12 months and is now quite small for his age but probably to do with genetics more than anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both my babies were born @ 35 weeks. Ds was 2.5kg & required special care for a couple of days due to low blood sugar & low tempetature & jaundice, we went home together on day 6. Dd was 2.9kg and had no probs mild jaundice that didnt require lights. We went home together on day 3. No steroids for either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My baby was born at 35 weeks 0 days, 2.29kgs. Stayed with me on the ward, was breathing on his own and feeding every 1-2 hours. Sugar levels were fine and he had mild jaundice- no need for light therapy etc. I was very thankful that he was alright and I was able to leave day 3. I attribute that to having my milk come in day 2. I did have the steroid shots at about 32 weeks.
    Last edited by SookiLala; 25-01-2012 at 16:17.

2girls&1angelboy is offline Has 3 very special people in my life my 2 girls & my angel baby boy xxx
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone even though my youngest daughter was born at 36w i still feel alot of uncertainty

Thanks
    Reviews
    They say that one day in utero is equivalent to two days outside. So I can see why you would be uncertain, every day you can keep bub in your tummy makes a massive difference to how they will be when they arrive.

All the best xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Little fella was born at 35 weeks via emerg c sect. He was 2.7kg, breathed by himself straight away no issues (I had the steroid injections on the Tuesday and Wednesday, had him on the Thursday). We were in hospital for 12 days together just to make 100% sure that his feeding etc was perfect. Good luck with your bubba xx