+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone else slightly worried/sad about their child starting school?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by laurea; 07-02-2012 at 13:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My daughter doesn't go to school yet but I think I will be the same as you!
    She will be starting school in term 4 - 6 days before she turns 5!! I am anxious about it just worrying that I won't be there if she hurts herself or someone is mean to her. BUT I know she is super excited already and I know I have to not show her I'm anxious or it will rub off on her.
    Try not to worry and be very positive and happy about it for him, read books about starting school and talk about your positive experiences in school. There will be other kids there as 'little' as him and I'm sure the teachers are well prepared to deal with any issues when the young ones are just starting.
    Good luck to you both!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nicoleE For This Useful Post:

laurea  (25-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know the feeling laurea... Dd starts school on Monday too and I think I'm more nervous than she is - although she had a bit of a cry yesterday when she tried on her school dress after it had been hemmed, saying that she doesn't like her dress cos all of the other girls are prettier and bigger than she is... She is an extremely pretty little girl who I reckon will have FOB's height (he is 6'4") and is already fairly tall for her age...

I had a bit of a cry this morning (stupid hormones) cos its the last day of daycare for her. She started at that centre when she was 16 months old and is essentially one of the original kids from when the centre opened (3 months prior to us starting)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OneNowOneLater For This Useful Post:

laurea  (26-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little girl starts school on Monday 6th, and I am sick to the stomach with worry and sadness. I should say that my daughter has Autism as well as quite a few other medical issues, so this is a huge step for her and me. I am going to miss her so very much, but more than that, I am so anxious about how she's going to cope at school. I know she'll cope ok academically as she's reading fluently already and is so keen to learn, but the real worry is how she'll go socially. I just want her to be happy at school and to be accepted by the other children and not be bullied for being different. I'm an ex Prep teacher, so I know how cruel some children can be. To add to my stress, my daughter isn't toilet trained. The school isn't concerned about this, but I am so worried that she's going to dirty her pull-up and the children will tease her.
    I'm dreading the 6th Feb - just never want it to arrive!!!
    Last edited by siansmum; 25-01-2012 at 18:39. Reason: Spelling

7. The Following User Says Thank You to siansmum For This Useful Post:

laurea  (26-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    My little girl starts school on Monday 6th, and I am sick to the stomach with worry and sadness. I should say that my daughter has Autism as well as quite a few other medical issues, so this is a huge step for her and me. I am going to miss her so very much, but more than that, I am so anxious about how she's going to cope at school. I know she'll cope ok academically as she's reading fluently already and is so keen to learn, but the real worry is how she'll go socially. I just want her to be happy at school and to be accepted by the other children and not be bullied for being different. I'm an ex Prep teacher, so I know how cruel some children can be. To add to my stress, my daughter isn't toilet trained. The school isn't concerned about this, but I am so worried that she's going to dirty her pull-up and the children will tease her.
    I'm dreading the 6th Feb - just never want it to arrive!!!
    Hugs i can imagine how anxious you are. I will be thinking of you and your little one. I hope all the parents geg through the first few days where your babies are one big step closer to being independant.

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    aw sure your little ones will settle in fine kids started school Monday already gone here and seeing the little preppies at work was adorabl! they look so little at start of the year haha and huge in term 4

10. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPowering For This Useful Post:

laurea  (30-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    and siansmum I hope the other Kids are nice to your daughter I'm sure they will hugs <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there! My eldest started school this week too.. How did it go??!! I was ok until the first day, after I left and came home (with my youngest starting kindy for the firast time too) I had a big breakdown, but after the first week I think we are all adjusting ok and feeling a bit better, how are you feeling now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My youngest starts officially on thursday so it hasn't happened for me yet. It's going to be so strange not having him with me all the time
    But ultimately if he likes school and makes friends then i will be ok with that. If he hates school and doesn't want to go i will struggle with that i think..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm dreading it big time. I already have one child at school but it has not become any easier! Shes very excited and all set to go and very jealous that her big brother goes back to school on Thursday and she was to wait until Monday.