View Poll Results: Married, do you still wear your engagement ring?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

69 86.25%
  • No.

11 13.75%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My wedding isn't until October this year but I couldn't help but post o.O

I plan on wearing my engagement ring once I'm married. I really appreciate the effort my DF put into my engagement ring, it was 100% unexpected and he was so sneaky about how he went about making it not to mention it's worth a ridiculous amount. DF designed it himself and he had to take it to 3 different places to have it made and it took him a long time to source the diamond. I constantly get women saying "Holy **** look at the size of that ring! " He certainly did me proud and no way would I have ever imagined something so extravagant.

DF and I are designing the wedding bands together, although I'll probably just leave it to DF as he seems to be better than me at that sort of thing. I'm going to wear my wedding band than engagement ring... When I return to work again I doubt I'll be in any line of profession that would require me not to wear my rings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Before I got married (less than a month ago) I didn't wear my engagement ring all the time, I would leave it off for weeks at a time. I have only taken it off a couple of times since getting married. My wedding ring is the same width as the engagement ring, but they're not a set. Both rings will come off more soon, once I'm back at the gym more regularly. I can't do weights with them on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear both when I can. As a remedial massage therapist, they come off all the time. I have a gold chain I wear them on as I love the so much! DH put so much effort into designing them both, so I'm very proud

Practicing for making the perfect baby!
    Me - 25 & DH - 30
    TTC # 1 since our Honeymoon Oct 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Only ever wear wedding ring, engagement ring too chunky and scratches babies bottom when changing and kids when I'm dealing with them. And it's annoying with rinsing out dirty nappies bathing them changing etc. infact I only wear my wedding ring when leaving the house because of this. Being a mummy is a very "hands on" job!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I don't wear any rings at all. I hate the feel of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Mrs Awesome;6334059]I wear a wedding ring, engagement ring and eternity ring all on the one finger.

Same! Eternity & wedding are identical and engagement in the middle. Only come off to shower never any other time. I don't wear any other jewellery besides piercings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes definitely ! Love my bling

I have a wedding band, engagement ring and eternity ring - all worn on the same finger then on my right hand I have a dress ring that I wear all the time too.

I really only take them off for messy stuff, showers and netball.

I love my rings and feel very bare without them.
    I got my eternity ring for mothers day a few years ago

In a few days it is our 15th wedding anniversary !
    Last edited by Wantapinkone; 26-01-2012 at 21:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Yes cause it's fabulous !!
    Yep I wear both of mine full time, only take them off to clean them. I love my engagement do much cos it's so big and sparkly, it's 5 years old now and matching wedding band will be 4 years old in march but I think it is time to have the rhodium re-done.... I think it's the rhodium?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siege View Post
    Yep I wear both of mine full time, only take them off to clean them. I love my engagement do much cos it's so big and sparkly, it's 5 years old now and matching wedding band will be 4 years old in march but I think it is time to have the rhodium re-done.... I think it's the rhodium?
    Definitely wear all of them. Engagement, wedding and eternity rings. The engagement has the biggest diamond so why wouldnt you!!! And as PP said because they're fabulous!
    (never wear for cleaning or cooking etc though, makes the diamonds dirty).

If its white gold it's rhodium plated. You can get them dipped for a reasonable price, usually $50 - $80 ish. Mine are so in need for dipping!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    I wear both. But was told the wedding ring shoud be closest to my wrist if that makes sense?
    I do the same and have the wedding band under the engagement ring

I cant wear my engagement ring to work but when I am not working I wear it all the time. Its personal choice tho as I know a few people who prefer not to wear their engagement ring since they got married