+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cindye View Post
    I believe hospitals time you from when you get to 4cm- I think this is when they consider it "active labour".
    But I think it should be counted from your first contraction!
    Yep hospitals do time it as active labour from when your 4cm dilated.

I was induced with both of mine and as far as I'm concerned that's when active labour started.
    With ds1 it was a 33hr labour (i wasn't dilating but was having contractions from the very beginning) and ds2 was a total of 4hrs.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 25-01-2012 at 20:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 4cm at my hospital appointment at 10am, went into labour at 1145pm that night and had him 10 hours later. they didnt say i was in labour or anything, they sent me home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My hospital wrote on my discharge papers that I was in labour from 2am which was when my waters broke. I'd actually been in labour for most of the day. I wouldn't allow any internals, so no idea how dilated I was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Yeah i can see in some instances why, i was thinking more people who are having regular, noticeable contractions but don't consider it part of the labour.
    Yeah my first sign of labour was my waters breaking, no twinges or contractions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I count from the first contraction. I had a 40hr labour. I felt all 40hrs too, and when I got to the pushing stage right at the end, I was extremely exhausted because I had had 2hrs sleep in that whole time.
    So yea I'm gonna count all of it!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I first felt a contraction at 3am on a Tuesday morning. At first I didn't pay any attention to it, it was kind of dull and achey in my back and abdomen. Then exactly 15 minutes later it happened again.. and again 15 minutes after that.. so I thought, ooh, hang on.. This must be it! I grabbed my hubby's wristwatch and started timing them and sure enough, the same pain, every 15 minutes, until around 9am. That's when I woke hubby and called the hospital. DS was born the following Wednesday morning at 2:47am, so to me, thats just 13 mintues short of 24 hours! I didn't have a "show" and they had to break my waters at the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine was easy. I woke up at 6:37am to a popping noise followed by a gush of water as I literally jumped out of bed. Mild cramping started right away, so I told the midwives and they counted it from then. DD2 was born at 5:40pm, so 11 hours and 11 minutes, born on the 11th.