+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I counted from my waters breaking, which was right on 9am, until she was out at 10.50am. There was no sign of labour before my waters broke. I was in bed having a coffee and felt like one of those dolls where you put water in a bottle and it runs through them and they wee lol, it was a bit trippy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I count from when my waters broke because I didn't know the period like pains I was feeling was actually labour - but that had been happening on and off for a few days. So my labour was 26 hours from my waters breaking until my emergency c/s. I was only in unbearable pain for about 8 of those hours though.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I count from waters breaking to baby in arms. DS1 - 6 hrs, DS2 - 20 mins

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I count from waters breaking to baby in arms. DS1 - 6 hrs, DS2 - 20 mins
    If I did that mine would be DS1- 5 hours, DS2- 6 min and DD- 20 seconds

Took the Red pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    On DD my waters broke but i didnt start contracting untill about 4 hrs later- from waters breaking to bub out it was 46 hours... I say that was the lenght of my labour.

On DS i got a period like pain at 12:30 am then at 1 waters broke, contractions got tough at 2:30 and he was born at 3:20am! So i count the labour starting when waters broke 2 hrs 20 mins!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With DD from first pain to baby was 36 hours from bad intense contractions was 24 hours, from waters breaking to baby was 5 minutes!!!

With DS from first pain 5 hours from bad intense contractions.... Well compared to DD they weren't that bad but if I had to say the last hour was a little more intense!!! From waters breaking to baby was 24 hours and 13 minutes

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    If I did that mine would be DS1- 5 hours, DS2- 6 min and DD- 20 seconds

Took the Red pill.
    I probably should have mentioned that waters breaking was my very first sign of labour and contractions followed soon after.

20 secs would have to be a record

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I counted from first pain to birth 5 days. But from intense regular contraction to birth 70 hours. Not much better hey! But there were complications.

I really don't think there is anyway you can predict how long. Just be prepared for anything and stay open.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    I've always wondered why people shortened their labour by only counting from a certain point into labour rather than when the contractions actually began - i want credit for every single minute i had to go through labour!
    Hahah because then I'd be telling ppl I was in labour for three days - when really my waters just broke and nothing else happened for two days until I was induced! Might still use it against DD though eg "clean your room now, you know I went through three days of labour for you so you have to do whatever i ask" etc lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bada View Post
    Hahah because then I'd be telling ppl I was in labour for three days - when really my waters just broke and nothing else happened for two days until I was induced! Might still use it against DD though eg "clean your room now, you know I went through three days of labour for you so you have to do whatever i ask" etc lol
    Yeah i can see in some instances why, i was thinking more people who are having regular, noticeable contractions but don't consider it part of the labour.