+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaredy Cat View Post
    Huge huge for everyone who has posted.

My sister was released two years ago. I saw her once at a train station. I pretended I didn't see her. I am still so ashamed.
    I had to give you some giant
    I know my measly little hugs won't do much to ease your pain, but my gosh. You are such a strong person to post all of that! Xoxo
    Last edited by Atlantic Puffin; 27-01-2012 at 20:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have written 100 times and deleted....

Basically to sum it up, self harm turned into alcohol and drug abuse for me!

My dp doesn't even know the extent. He has no idea my scars are from self harm. I'm so embarrassed.
    I hate that my grandmother brings it up in conversation as my "rough patch"... Umm yeh, why bring it up at all b**** .. Just to remind me how crap I feel about my past that I wish it didn't happen at all...?

When I met dp I was into the whole party scene, but luckily I'm a sucker for love. He hated that I was on drugs and I gave it up just like that for him.

4 years later and to be honest, he saved my life.

In saying that though, there are weeks that I sit back and in a way miss my life, I'm embarrassed that it took another persons love and acceptance for me to respect myself enough to give it all up, because I sure as hell would have never done it on my own!

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Atlantic Puffin For This Useful Post:

BarefootedMumma  (27-01-2012),Etienne  (27-01-2012),GluttonForPunishment  (27-01-2012),MuminMind  (27-01-2012),~Marigold~  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tormy View Post
    I had quite a few issues in my teens - and I turned to self harm to deal with it....it latest about 5 yrs and my mother knew the whole time and never did anything about it. I ended up getting do bad that I OD'd on painkillers and had to goto hospital, after that I turned to drugs and alcohol and a very bad crowd - I think I've always hated that my mum knew there was a problem, could see me spiraling downwards yet did nothing about it....DH saved me from the situation I was in, I duno what would've happened if I didn't meet him....I'm still dealing with the depression everyday - and I hate that when I get upset/frustrated by something that my first thought is to do self harm because that's how ive learned to cope with situations...I'm hoping one day that thought process will stop....

Your situation sounds very similar to mine hun! I can absolutely 100% say I know how you feel. Xoxo