+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Might make me sound like an evil, cold hearted b**ch but I don't think it would overly bother me if my parents died. I wouldn't go to their funeral. I wouldn't regret cutting them out of my life. In fact, I think I may be somewhat relieved. I could live my life without watching my back.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (27-01-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    "He was in hospital for a long time. I did that to him.
    I am a coward. I was lonely. I was pathetic.

Im really scared of your replies, but I know I deserve it. I even probably need to hear it."

@ Nobodyknowsitbutme,

No. He did it to himself. Trying to commit suicide is NOT a normal reaction. He was obviously very mentally unstable to react the way he did. I honestly believe that you are not to blame for him trying to kill himself. Yes, you shouldn't have encouraged the emotional affair, but you're hardly a toxic monster for enjoying this man's company. You said it, you were lonely, you made a mistake. We ALL make mistakes, we're all human.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 27-01-2012 at 17:40.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

SunshineMunky  (27-01-2012),TinyLittleTootsies  (27-01-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow. I did not predict that I'd get so many responses. I hope that those who shared their experiences, some gutwrenching, some unbelievable, feel better for having done so.. It's good to vent! I want to give all of you gorgeous women (and GFP ) a massive hug, for real! I cried reading some of these posts.. I sat stunned, jaw agape at others.. these are amazing stories.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (27-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Buttoneska & Natlib- it's the hardest thing having somebody close to the family do inappropriate things to you. It's very confusing, scary and lonely. You don't know who to turn to. I hope the two of you have/had somebody to talk to about it.

Chocolate- wow! Your poor mum and poor you. That *******! That would have been such a terrifying experience for her. I hope the two of become closer and heal together as the years go on *hugs*

1CrazyMoose- I'm sorry to hear about your angel baby *hugs*

Etienne- that makes me so angry. What absolute A holes! Did they have nothing better to do! I can't believe that the cops did nothing about it! What absolute useless, gutless, disgusting pigs!

BMJ- Good luck with your journey = ) It's sad that there is such a social stigma towards mental illness but I think it's better to be open about it and try not to be ashamed of it. Keyword: try. I know it's not easy. I think that if we're open & honest with others then there's a chance you may receive a lot more support and it gives you the chance to educate others. I think everyone I know, knows that I'm going through PND. My mum always says "make sure you have another baby. It'd be very selfish of you not to." She said it the other day & my reply was "When you're suffering from PND and you feel detached from not only yourself, but your child and the world, when it effects your relationship with your husband and your child and you think of commuting suicide because you're the worlds worst mum and wife, having another child is the last thing on your mind." Don't get me wrong. I'll definitely have another baby but at this time and in this moment, the black cloud is finally clearing from my head & I'm finally enjoying DS.
    You do what's right for you. You seem positive and ready so I wish you the best of luck. I always say that people will do things when *they're* ready. Planning other people's lives is easy for others but only you battle your demons.
    Good luck hun = ) x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (27-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge huge for everyone who has posted.

Deleted.
    Last edited by Scaredy Cat; 27-01-2012 at 21:21.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scaredy Cat For This Useful Post:

GluttonForPunishment  (27-01-2012),MuminMind  (27-01-2012),~Marigold~  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    BbB- *hugs* I'm surprised so many of us have gone through such abuse.

Beachside- are you still talking to your father? My father was the same and I haven't spoken or seen the man in over two years. He was nothing but poison in my life.

GluttonForPunishment- your story really shocked me. I can imagine why you're so angry. I'd feel the same. You went through a whirlwind of emotions and fear only to find that it was all.. For nothing in a way. That must have terrible.

Hugs everyone. DS is crying so I better go calm him. *hugs*

You're all brave and strong! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deleted :-/
    Last edited by LimeGiraffe; 28-01-2012 at 07:01.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LimeGiraffe For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (27-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have trichtotillomania. Translation.. I pull the hair from my head. Probably started out f anxiety and now after 15 years is an entrenched habit. I currently have a baldish patch of about the size of a fifty cent piece. For years I would hide behind long hair and wear it up, rarely have haircuts and embarrassingly would go to hair dressers where they didn't speak much English so I wouldnt have to deal with too many questions... I have tried various therapies, cognitive and even hypno therapy...currently on anti depressants which can help with these OCD related conditions...but it's not helping. In the last two years through therapy I have gradually told my five closest friends...all extremely supportive....and now although I will probably have to 'manage ' it for the rest of my life I realise it no longer defines me...it is just this 'thing' I do... Hubby has always known and supports me but also gets fustrated with me.
    to all those who have shared a secret.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiwimay For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (27-01-2012),~Marigold~  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Scaredy cat that is the saddest story, how did your neice end up? Is she okay? Has she stayed with your mum and dad?
    So sad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by october View Post
    Scaredy cat that is the saddest story, how did your neice end up? Is she okay? Has she stayed with your mum and dad?
    So sad
    Deleted
    Last edited by Scaredy Cat; 11-03-2012 at 08:17.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scaredy Cat For This Useful Post:

GluttonForPunishment  (27-01-2012),~Marigold~  (28-01-2012)