+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was induced at 36 weeks due to PE and the development of HELLP. I had ARM and syntocinin. After 6 hrs at 4cm I asked for an epidural. As soon as that took effect I was 10cm in 30 minutes. No other intervention necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induce at 38 weeks due to the fact that i have larger bsbies.. I had a normal labour and delivey with no other intervention.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Im not sure if my answer counts, but at 40weeks + 9, I had gel at 8pm and due to be induced the next morning. DS was born completely naturally at 11:55pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissPoss View Post
    After 6 hrs at 4cm I asked for an epidural. As soon as that took effect I was 10cm in 30 minutes. No other intervention necessary.
    It's amazing how an epidural can speed things along like that. I went five hours just sitting at 2cm. Thought to myself "Nothing's happening but the pain keeps getting worse, bugger this, gimme drugs" Five hours later I'm pushing a baby out.

I love epidurals... Having one was probably the most possitive part of the whole labour

Thanks
    Reviews
    I posted a study on my fb page recently about how 1/3 of inductions in Australia end up in c-section.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...339.x/abstract

Not what they tell you is it!

I've had 2 inductions - for the second one i had an epidural from the start - I learnt my lesson the first time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Induced at 39+3 due to unstable sugar levels due to GD
    2 lots of gel
    ARM
    Syntocin

Tried the gas (useless), had an epi, went to sleep. Woke up, pushed and DD was born.

No interventions, 2nd degree tear

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DS I was induced at 38+3 due to PE. Awesome 3 hr labour and easy, normal v/b. Much better than my spontaneous labour with DD which was 11 hrs and ventouse delivery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd1 at 39 wks I was induced due to bug measuring small and low fluid. Nice easy labour 1hr 45 min long and no intervention and drug free

Dd2 induced at 39+4 due to very bad sciatica and spd 2hr labour no drugs and no interventions!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    38 + 2, posterior facing baby, needed vacuum to help him out. Think I was about 5cm around 6pm and if I didn't dilate by 9 they were talking c-sect. Fortunately I was 10cm @ 9pm - started pushing & DS was born 10:50pm.

Meanwhile gas did nothing but make me talk all speddy, and epi barely worked either :-S

Ps. Induced due high BP & protein in urine.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    I posted a study on my fb page recently about how 1/3 of inductions in Australia end up in c-section.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...339.x/abstract

Not what they tell you is it!

I've had 2 inductions - for the second one i had an epidural from the start - I learnt my lesson the first time.
    Is that the same study that showed that approx 1/3 of inductions end in c-sect, 1/3 have assisted delivery (ventouse or forceps) and only 1/3 end in a 'natual'(?) vaginal birth?