+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default *TMI* Difficulty Reaching The Big O - Breastfeeding/Postpartum

Just wondering whether there is anyone else out there who has experienced this.

I gave birth (vaginally with epidural, no tearing) 5.5 months ago and am pretty much exclusively breastfeeding (with a tiny bit of solids now).

I am finding it really difficult to reach The Big O (if ya know what I'm saying). Before birth, I found it relatively easy to get there and s3x always did it for me without hassle. Now it's SUCH hard work and SO frustrating! My favourite position doesn't work anymore, my mental "image bank" doesn't work anymore. Doing it for myself is equally as difficult.

My pelvic floor is fine, I don't think that's an issue as there is more than one way to skin a cat, and all ways are equally frustrating, if you get me.

The most annoying this is that my s3x drive is, if anything, INcreased! So I want it but it's a mission to get!

Could it be hormonal because of breastfeeding? I know BFing changes your hormone balance... Has anyone else experienced this? Will it go back to normal when I stop BFing? Or am I doomed to a lifetime of frustrating s3x????

Thanks
    Reviews
    I so hear ya!!! In the same boat I'm afraid...don't know what the answer is? I am putting it down to BF and hormones. Or the right "spot" has moved..and hasn't been found yet LOL

Its a little hard to explain to DH.."its not you, it's something weird going on with me". And the same prob with trying to "get there" myself (sorry TMI!). Anyway, very frustrating, and would be interested to hear if anyone has recovered from this predicament!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too! DD2 is 4.4 months and exclusively bf. Although my libido is not as high as usual either.

It is frustrating. Putting all that effort in, and spending what little time me and DP get alone, with no payoff.

I do remember with DD1, many years ago, when Bfeeding was down to twice a day my libido shot up. I was single then though, so a high libido was more of a problem. So it shouldn't last forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'm kinda glad to hear it's not just me! And yeah, DP takes it really personally - and I just find it kind of.embarrassing!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    After DS1 i had a few troubles, due to tearing of nerves, not BF, i weaned at 8mths and still had troubles. I could get there but not the same way as before. But after DS2 i was sewn up again and its back to normal. Im BF (he is on solids, but mainly breastfed). Im having no problems., Maybe chat to a Dr?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never had any tearing or anything at all but had this prob very much so after my second baby (I dont think i dtd at all for months after my first lol).

By 5 mths I was pregnant again anyway and the problem went away lol.

Didnt seem to happen after my third, and after my fourth I experienced a lot of pain..

I am sure it all has to do with hormone levels, probably a range of factors too like change of self image etc, sleep deprivation, change in relationship. But for me I absolutely feel that it's the hormones readjusting etc.

Probably nature's way of discouraging another baby happening!

Thanks
    Reviews
    eta for me it always resolves around 5 mths... i mean things just feel better in lots of ways... I always ovulate around then too so no doubt related. So hopefully this will happen for you too at some point (i was still breastfeeding each time)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol I'm so glad it's not just me!!! It's like your wires change when you become pregnant! The skin that connected to the nerve that connected to the cum nodule in your brain now connects to a totally different system!!!

I'm finding at nearly 5 months post baby, it's kinda back to normal but that spot still doesn't connect to that nodule

But I agree that your state of mind plays a big part and your body might take a bit more time to catch up from the stress of childbirth, lack of sleep & hormones. I reckon my hormones only just settled down a week ago after my 3rd bub. By hair is shedding.

I'm full time BFing watch the start of solids, that was when I fell pregnant with number 2,despite pulling out :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Mum of 4yr boy, nearly 3yr boy & last but not least 5 month girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on the pill for 4 months this year and I noticed my libido almost completely dissapeared. I rarely ever felt horny and I could easily live without sex however of course DP couldnt! I stopped taking the pill because I didn't like the side affects (another one was gaining weight). I then fell pregnant and we are over the moon about it. But once again my libido still seems absent and it does have an affect on our relationship as well. We fight about it from time to time because I'd rather sleep than have sex lol. I want him to put more effort into turning me on but he just wants a quicky because he's "tired" so that depletes my desire even more. I suggested having sex earlier so I have more energy but he just puts it back onto me saying I need to seduce him otherwise we will have sex when he comes to bed around midnight and I'm over going to sleep so late or being woken up! Did anyone experience low libido or harder to reach the big O when on the pill or pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lebrishqt View Post
    I was on the pill for 4 months this year and I noticed my libido almost completely dissapeared. I rarely ever felt horny and I could easily live without sex however of course DP couldnt! I stopped taking the pill because I didn't like the side affects (another one was gaining weight). I then fell pregnant and we are over the moon about it. But once again my libido still seems absent and it does have an affect on our relationship as well. We fight about it from time to time because I'd rather sleep than have sex lol. I want him to put more effort into turning me on but he just wants a quicky because he's "tired" so that depletes my desire even more. I suggested having sex earlier so I have more energy but he just puts it back onto me saying I need to seduce him otherwise we will have sex when he comes to bed around midnight and I'm over going to sleep so late or being woken up! Did anyone experience low libido or harder to reach the big O when on the pill or pregnant?
    oh yeah. I'm so tired at night, and being winter, once I'm laying down under those covers nothing will motivate me! We are down to DTD about once or twice a week which is SOOO not like us! We've never NOT had it this much! I am feeling abit sad reading the OP's original question as I was praying once bubs is out and I am healed as such that we could get back into it