+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Multiples Parents Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by suzcrawf View Post
    25w3d and hoping and praying for a miracle. Laser surgery scheduled for Saturday to hopefully fix TTTS and delay delivery for a couple more weeks.

Eeek!!!
    Fingers crossed for you! Please keep us updated!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Multiples Parents Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by suzcrawf View Post
    25w3d and hoping and praying for a miracle. Laser surgery scheduled for Saturday to hopefully fix TTTS and delay delivery for a couple more weeks.

Eeek!!!
    Oh crap hun! Sorry for the late reply. How did u go!? Thinking of you and your twinnies. X

Thanks
    Reviews

So we dodged a bullet. Went in lat Friday to meet the surgeon and sign consent forms. He did a quick US first and saw that things had normalised to a point that surgery was not worth the risk. We are hoping that the deterioration in blood flows is occurring slowly enough that we can keep these babies cooking for a couple more weeks.

Scans 3 x a week from here on in, and as soon as things look bad, we'll have our babies. AM US appointments, and PM c section - eeek!!!

Currently trying to arm myself with positive NICU stories and hope we can get to 28 weeks...

26w1d and counting

Thanks
    Reviews

Try not too worry too much! There are some amazing stories out there. Look after yourself and eat as nutritious as possible to give them what they need. Every week extra helps xo

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    thinking of you and hope it all is ok!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Suz- how are you going? I hope your munchkins are still growing away.

So I must ask, who is going straight for an elective caesar with their twins??

My ob says that there's a higher incidence if the second twin needing an emergency Caesar.. I'd love to try a vb..

Thanks
    Reviews

I have been wondering how Suz is getting on!

I am going to fight hard for a vaginal birth! Everyone says im an idiot. my babies, my way. I am at least going to try. If the first stays head down I should at least be able to try.

Thanks
    Reviews

Ooh, sorry for disappearing for a few days. My gorgeous girls arrived on Friday at 26w4d. Eve weighed 797g and Matisse 1024g. They are in NICU and doing well under the circumstances. We had an ultrasound at 8:30am and saw reverse blood flow through the umbilical cord. Babies born by emergency c at 12:20!!! It was a crazy morning !! It will be a long road ahead, but we are feeling positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow suz! Good to hear from you again!

Eve must be tiny! A friend gave birth to her daughter (Ava) yesterday morning and she is 14 weeks early as well. She weighs 970g the pictures on facebook are amazing she looks so small.. Are they breathing by themselves?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats suzcrawf! Good luck with the long road ahead, I hope it all goes ok.

My Ob has also said if first twin is head down, then VB is fine. I really don't fancy a c-section due to the longer recovery times. I'd also love to avoid an induced birth, as I had one of them last time for being overdue (which I didn't really want then either due to greater potential to end up with a cesarean). I don't think anyone is nuts for wanting a VB with twins.

I recall reading that about 50/50 twins are born by VB/c-section. I do wonder how that figure changes for twins where there is no medical emergency requiring them to be born super early.