+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear some of you girls have been struggling with the isolation. I think our friends must think we are so busy we just don't have time for life but its quite the opposite, we need to have a bit if a life in order to deal with being busy so we don't crack. Having twins just makes you a better multi-tasker and I honestly think I am more together now than I ever was. It might take more coordination but there is nothing I can't do so I try and go out with them every single day. Maybe you need to reach out to your friends rather than wait for them to invite you to lunch? What about connecting with your local multiple births association branch? Now I know what it's like I really wish I had of included my new mummy friends in more stuff before. Because i didnt have any kids I just assumed they had better things to do and didn't realise they were struggling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!

I'm 31 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience to mine.

My cervix is only 5mm (so very short). My twins aren't growing well. Baby A is under 5th percentile and Baby B is 15th percentile. Because their growth isn't that great, they are wanting me monitored twice a week with CTG scans and once a week with an ultrasound.

My OB says it's likely he will take them out at 35 weeks. Because Baby A is bottom breech, I will have a c-section.

If anyone else has had a similar experience I'd love for you to share the birth experience and special care nursery experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Cocoblue, hugs to you, growing twins is a tough gig' you've done really well getting this far

My situation was a little different, I did have a scan around the 30week mark suggest that bubs growth might be slowing. But at the next scan, the growth had caught up and was back on track. I didn't have any cervix issues, but my twins were born via c-sect at 35+4 when I was diagnosed with preeclampsia.
    Twin A was breech (bum was actually stuck in my pelvis), which I why i had a c-sect.
    Bubbas were born weighing 2230g & 2490g, no breathing issues, only needed special care nursery. They were primarily tube fed for the first 6 days while I tried to establish breast feeding. Day 7 we chose to switch to bottle feeding and day 8 their tubes came out and they suck fed all their feeds. They roomed in with me that night, and after their weigh in on day 9 showed they were gaining weight, they were coping with suck feeds, and they were over 36 weeks gestation, we got to take them home.

If you have any other questions, am happy to try answer them for you. All the best for the next few weeks xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cocoblue

I had my twins at 34 weeks due to preeclampsia by emergency c-section. They very were small at just 1540g and 1820g, but had no issues and only the bigger twin needed c-pap to assist with breathing for 48 hours. I had a scare at 29 weeks so had already been given some steroids back then to help their little lungs develop. They spent a week in high dependancy nursery then 3 weeks in special care until they got to just over 2 kg each and were on all sucking feeds for a few days and their feeding tubes could be removed. They were so small they just got tuckered out if they did more than a couple of sucking feeds a day before that.

Our experience in special care nursery was amazing, your babies will be in great hands...it's not as scary as it may seem. You have done brilliantly to get this far along so now just relax and listen to the doctors, even if your babies are small at this gestation they should be totally fine and just need some fattening up. I know it all sounds a bit scary but sounds like you have a great doctor. My c-section recovery was really only about 4 days before I was comfortable walking around for quite a bit if time without pain...I was off the strong painkillers after 48 hours. Best of luck to you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your advice ladies!

I think I'm just scaring myself by googling things I really shouldn't be.

Let's hope it all goes well over the coming weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Cocoblue how are you and your precious babies?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello there , I'm not sure if anyone is following this page any more but I thought I'll ask my question anyway as I'm desperate for some answers from those with experience of having twins . I'm a mother of 12 wks old fraternal twin boys , one is very social and loves eye contact and talks back , the other is not very keen on eye contact and is a bit more quite . I'm really worried about him and I wanted to know if any one else also had this situation ? I guess I can understand that fraternal twins can be very different and develop at different rates but I just wanted to know if any other parent has had the same thing with their twins eye contact or other developmental milestone ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi there,
    Big hugs! This parenting gig is tough right?!? Are your twins your first babies?
    My boys are 4.5 years old now so My memory is a bit hazy. But I know with some things one of my boys was a little slower. For example - twin 2 started walking properly about 2-3 weeks before twin 1 - things like that.
    The thing to remember is that yes, they are twins - but they are still their own person, developing at their own pace. If you're really concerned I'd have a chat with you MCHN or your GP 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AMFM View Post
    Hello there , I'm not sure if anyone is following this page any more but I thought I'll ask my question anyway as I'm desperate for some answers from those with experience of having twins . I'm a mother of 12 wks old fraternal twin boys , one is very social and loves eye contact and talks back , the other is not very keen on eye contact and is a bit more quite . I'm really worried about him and I wanted to know if any one else also had this situation ? I guess I can understand that fraternal twins can be very different and develop at different rates but I just wanted to know if any other parent has had the same thing with their twins eye contact or other developmental milestone ?
    Hi AMFM, don't worry, it's totally normal!

My fraternal boys are 20 weeks old and were exactly the same - and my boy who was less into eye contact is now showing a lot more interest than he was previously. He is very definite about what he likes and doesn't like and I think he just found looking out windows and at our dog and at his brother more interesting than me, haha.

It's all totally normal, they are individuals - they will have different preferences over time. Try not to stress xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your twin boys the one who wasn't making much eye contact , was he tracking objects ? U ? Or the dog ?