+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My boys are almost 2 We think they caught it either at the hospital or the park

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's just from the baby/ies. Could be them turning around - it is pretty squishy in there Had a chat with your Ob if you're concerned though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Twinniemumma how on earth did you survive the newborn stage? Lol its exhausting... DH stayed up all last night watching dvds and did all the night feeds so I could get some sleep. Very thankful to get a 6 hour solid sleep!

We left hospital late friday afternoon. I am so glad to be home! We had a homevisit midwife visit yesterday and lauren has lost more weight and was 2.48kg they are coming out again tomorrow. Her weight loss upsets me quite a bit, i feel it is partially the midwives fault because for the first 2 days she was only getting 5-10mls formula and whatever i was producing - maybe 1-2 drops.. I brought it up with another midwife and she agreed it wasnt enough! Grr. She was really looking jaundiced as well but that has improved now shes getting fed decent amounts

I am finally beginning to produce colostrum! Its taken 4 days to go from 1-2 clear drops of fluid to 10mls yellow fluid last night and now 25mls each boob this morning. Progress! I just expresed 75ml from both boobs which is pretty much the amount of formula one baby is getting per feed. Im expressing for an hour all up each time so its hard to fit that in around everything else.

I have a mother carer coming this morning for some extra help. Cant wait theres things I want to do but its almost impossible lol. DH woke me at 5:30 and its taken me til now 8:30 to feed both, change both and express. I dont get how but it has.

Hope your all doing well!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't worry Jess, newborns don't stay that way, it does get easier! Especially gets easier when they don't need feeding as frequently.

Is there a reason you aren't just putting them on the boob? Is it due to cracked nipples? Some people try nipple shields. Having to express then feed will certainly make things feel like they take forever compared to just feeding them (which still seems to take a long time to start with).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only had a singleton so far but after a while you'll get into a routine and work out what's best for you. Plus you become quicker.
    Are you using an electric pump? Is it a double one? I also used a nipple shield.
    You're doing a great job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was putting them on the boob but I wasnt producing anything so there wasnt much point. Im was expressing purely for stimulation which has worked because today im getting quite a good amount of colostrum

Yes I have an electric pump the medela swing unfortunately not a double but oh well. I have a nipple shield from hospital in case I need to use it again but for now the lactation consaultant recommended not to use it and just bottle feed formula and anything I manage to express until tuesday when I will be meeting her again and will hopefully be getting them on the boob again

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're doing a great job Jess, try not to doubt yourself. It took me a good 3 months to even feel like I was able to cope and get into a routine with my DD. so great that you're breastfeeding though and I hope your supply goes up soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    You're doing a wonderful job Jess. I honestly cannot even remember those first days at home - it all goes by in a blur. My boys were bottle-fed from day 7 with me expressing after every feed (3 hourly from memory) I expressed for a month until I was just to exhausted to keep it up. It does get easier I promise!
    Sleep when they sleep - it is what kept my sanity in those first weeks/month
    to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,

I'm new to BH. I just found out yesterday that I am 6.5 weeks along with fraternal triplets! I have #1 son, as well, who will turn two shortly after they are born!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidthishappen View Post
    Hello,

I'm new to BH. I just found out yesterday that I am 6.5 weeks along with fraternal triplets! I have #1 son, as well, who will turn two shortly after they are born!!
    Wow! Congratulations and welcome Wishing you all the best for your pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome! Oh my goodness triplets! You'll find so much information on here. It's been so helpful to me.

I've only just gotten my head around twins, does that mean you had three separate eggs?

How are you feeling? Hope this pregnancy is kind to you I'm four and a half months with twins, look and feel like I am 7 months. I am exhausted ready. Like right at this moment I am beached on the couch wishing I had the energy to get up, move upstairs and get in bed!