+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Are you considering any natural methods to help you along? I would be doing my best to avoid induction too. I
    Emergency c-secs are not fun at all. Well, IMO, any c-sec is not fun but I do understand that they have their place and many women do prefer them - each to their own.
    They just aren't my cup of tea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Absolutely thats how I feel as well. Many people I have spoken to are shocked that I want a natural birth. C sections have their place for sure, sometimes they are quite necessary for medical reasons but I feel some doctors are quick to do them unfortunately I really would rather natural just because of the difference in recovery. I am a very stubborn independant person I hate having to take it easy more now as it is!

I didnt think your supposed to do anything to help things along with twins?? Maybe past 36 weeks it would be ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Yeah I'm not 100% sure - I didn't make it that far. But things like going for walks etc, shouldn't do any harm? Are you on the AMBA forum as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    And totally agree with you about drs being really quick to jump to the csec. I'm hoping for a Vbac with my next pregnancy and I keep reading stories about obs fighting against them etc makes me worried

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am staying as active as possible. I only finished work last week I didnt know there was an AMBA forum? I havent gotten around to joining up with SAMBA yet but its on my to do list they do some great work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    There is just google Australian Multiple Birth Association and the forum link is on the homepage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks I will check it out when my laptop is fixed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys, I haven't posted for a while, recently just watching and reading! Just thought I would jump in on this part of the conversation to share and ask some questions!
    Firstly, I will give a little of my history. Our twinnies were conceived through IVF and are B/G- DI/DI. we are currently 33+1 weeks today and have been on strict bed rest since 28 weeks due to cervical shortening, funneling, dilation, loss of mucous plug and pre-term contractions (in short threatened pre-term labour) 5 weeks and one week long hospital admission has past and I am back home to continue on strict bed rest (only bathroom privileges) until the birth of our little angels x

I jumped in on this conversation because I have just recently been told that twin A (little girl) is complete breech (has been for 6 weeks) and from now on that it is pretty much set in stone that I will be having a c-section. This is extremely disappointing for me as I so desperately wanted to deliver them natural! The most important thing for us is to ensure they are born safely and healthy so I will do what it takes, however it doesn't make the disappointment any less devastating I have tried all sorts of positions etc (while trying to maintain strict bed rest) to try to get her to move but my efforts have been futile I guess my question is, has anyone managed to turn their bubs later in the pregnancy successfully and what did you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lilbabysteps! Why are they saying she wont turn?? My twins were both head down ( twin A has been head down my entire pregnancy) at my last scan but Twin B has flipped around many times. I am 35+1 and im wondering if she managed to flip again last night lol!

I personally dont believe in the whole they run out of room to flip thing because well one of mine is still moving position a lot! I have heard of them turning during labour as well but thats a risk to take.

Sorry for the ramble. Im not sure how to get them to turn I think they do it themselves when they are ready. There is a turning babies website I believe, maybe have a look at that for some ideas

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilbabysteps - I only went to 35+4. Twin A was breach most of the time (twin B was usually transverse). Neither of them were ever seen head down. Diagonal was the closest twin A got. In the last 12 hours before c-sect twin A also turned transverse. So there was a little bit of room for them to move at that stage (there were 2.5 kg and 2 kg at the time) but they weren't interested in moving head down of their own accord.