+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Booked elective C section but went into labour early??

Has this ever happened to anyone? You had your elective c section all booked round the normal 38 week mark but went into labour a day or so earlier???

I am petrified of this happening! Would that mean I had to have an emergency c section or would they make me have a natural??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi that happened to me with DD1...i went into labour a week before my section date thanks to a bout of gastro. My doctor performed an emergency caesar the only difference was i had to deal with contractions while the spinal was being administered. I very much doubt they would make you go natural.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pigeonpairplusone For This Useful Post:

GothChick  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I booked in at my 37 wk checkup went into labour that night had to csec anyway

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cakester69 For This Useful Post:

GothChick  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump
    Im interested to know too

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This happened to a friend of mine recently. Pretty much exactly as you said - she went in to labour at just after 36 weeks, and her c-section was booked for 39 weeks. Her waters broke and contractions started, but the hospital was still able to give her a c-section (not sure whether it was classed as emergency or elective) as they knew that was what she had wanted (and booked in).

Apart from the baby being early and needing some special care, both her and baby are doing fine.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

GothChick  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my c-sec booked for my 3rd baby. Chose day I wanted for specific reasons. Having already had 2 c-sections knew this one had to be. I went into labour the night before. My daughter ended up being born 11 hours before her scheduled c-sec, still on the date that I wanted

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 79me For This Useful Post:

GothChick  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It happened to me. I was booked in for a c-section on the Friday morning and the Wednesday before my waters broke.

I still had my c-section, same OB, nothing was really any different except for the date. I cannot remember what my OB called it, it wasn't elective but it wasn't emergency either as it was not done on the booked date. Regardless though it was all calm and a very smooth procedure.

I liked that I went into labour early as it meant that DS arrived when he was meant to, but either way so long as he arrived safe and sound was ultimately my only concern.

Oh, the only stressful bit was that DH was away at work and there was chaos trying to get a flight to get him home lol. He ran into the operating room just as the OB was about to make his first cut and DH then got all the attention for getting there so quickly lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

GothChick  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that is all so good to know! So it's not really a big deal...and it isnt really like an emergency c section, and I dont have to give birth naturally if I go into labour.....sweet!

That has really put my mind at ease, thanks so much ladies

Louellyn, that's really lovely that bubs got to come out when he was ready, but you still got the birth you wanted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told that if it is not on your booked day, the hospital may still call it an emergency ceaser, as it is unplanned and they have to 'call' people in to do it, even if it is not an 'emergency'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friends daughter went into labour 5 weeks early and had booked her c/s, so she just had an emergency.
    I'm hoping to go into labour early if I have to book a c/s and then have an emergency.