+ Reply to Thread
    Adelaide foothills
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Portable air conditioners anyone?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have screaming kids in the background and I wanted to quickly ask this of you.

I need some feedback on portable air conditioners.

Our split system has decided to go on the blink and with no air con mechanic in sight for the next few weeks, I am now on the lookout for a portable (refridgerated, not evaporative) air conditioner in this almost 40 degree heat we are having here.

I've spotted a few models in various stores and all sport varying motor sizes and outputs and la la la. None of the salespeople can say anything about them other than "they're good". All I want is something to put into the bedroom tonight so we can all SLEEP soundly and maybe in the loungeroom during the day so the kids can watch tv in comfort.

All comments absolutely welcome. Meanwhile I'm off to the pool for a few hours.

They are quite good but are really noisy, because you have the compressor in the room with you, instead of outside like a split system, but better than no air con.

Similar Threads

1. *spin off* Tell me about your portable air conditioner
    By Mod-Degrassi in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-11-2012, 08:51
  2. Portable DVD player
    By PippaG in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-10-2012, 20:29
  3. Portable DVD Player for Pre-schooler
    By Witchypoo in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 1