+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaNurture View Post
    Thanks for your tips everyone. I guess at the moment we just have to roll with it! My sister just came back from tresillian and got a lot out of it. I'm in Brisbane and I have a feeling that the service up here isn't as good....
    Jump on Facebook and look up tresillian live advice - you can chat to them there. I think they're open until 3pm mon-fri (Sydney time). It's really good, I've used it a few times. I'm sure you could call their hotline too regardless of where you're from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Jump on Facebook and look up tresillian live advice - you can chat to them there. I think they're open until 3pm mon-fri (Sydney time). It's really good, I've used it a few times. I'm sure you could call their hotline too regardless of where you're from.
    Ok! Thanks. That's a good idea.

At the moment we are using an ergo cuccoon, which seems to be really similar to a wrap me up? Definately makes a big difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaNurture View Post
    Ok! Thanks. That's a good idea.

At the moment we are using an ergo cuccoon, which seems to be really similar to a wrap me up? Definately makes a big difference.
    From what I understand, the difference with the Wrap Me Up is that their arms are up which helps them when they startle awake and they suck on their fists for comfort. I'm not 100% sure but it might also be worth looking into, I've just had people raving to me about how it made such a difference...I guess I'll know for sure in 9 months' time but it won't really help you then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah we use the wrap me up and it's brilliant. However, if DD is really unsettled a firm swaddle using a cot sheet works better. This was especially true when she was smaller as it really contains that startle reflex. We learned how to do a good firm swaddle at tresillian and she slept for hours there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ellen barron centre for sleep here in bris does use crying (controlled or whatever but crying) as a method of settling. Its up to you if you are keen for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Mummy View Post
    ellen barron centre for sleep here in bris does use crying (controlled or whatever but crying) as a method of settling. Its up to you if you are keen for it.
    Yeah that's why I'm not interested.

We have had a good few days. Now settling seems to be difficult less frequently. That or I'm just more relaxed! I'm trying to go with the flow a bit more and it's working well. That and accepting that she will be unsettled some days and that's normal.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I think I just have one of those kids that sleeps poorly!!!