+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh ange how gorgeous a little boy!

I am super happy for you. I think it's super cool that you could find out so early and really bond with your little one knowing that 'he's' on his way

Little boys are just the best, you're gonna love him so much

2. The Following User Says Thank You to laurea For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh how exciting!! Congrats on your boy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The dr had based his opinion on the size of the gestational sac, and mainly the fact it had always been very small (more than 2 weeks behind in growth) and also on the fact the papp-a was only 0.07. He even asked the lab if the tested it twice because of how low it was. He was assured that they had so when he put the two together, that is what he thought ( also in his experience of over 20+ years).

Im so looking forward to having a boy. It's gonna be wonderful.

I have an ultrasound Monday , so will see how my little man is doing, can't wait.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angenrod For This Useful Post:

HouseOfFun  (27-02-2012),laurea  (25-02-2012),LillyPonds  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did the doc say that the sac size will correct itself over time?
    Do you expect to have an uneventful pregnancy now?
    Sorry for so many q's i have never heard of this type of thing happening before so i am rather curious is all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No my pregnancy is still at high risk for early labour/premature baby. The sac may or may not catch up, it's a guessing game really. I'm being monitored very closely though.

Just today and right now my feet r so swollen, I hope this isn't an early onset of Pre eclampsia..? I have a lot with ob tmrw, so will see what he thinks.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angenrod For This Useful Post:

laurea  (27-02-2012),LillyPonds  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with your OB hun! We will be thinking of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been following your story with bated breath and felt the strongest need to pray for you and your unborn bubba when I originally read your post. God is so great!! Your story is amazing and I wish you a wonderful pregnancy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

laurea  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only asked what the doctor based his opinion on out of curiosity - not to suggest the doctor was incorrect in his opinion.
    I hope your scan goes well today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did the scan go today? All still going well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    First time mum- thank you for your prayers, that is so kind of you. We need all the prayers we can get, and I'm sure God definitely knows me n bubs now without a shadow of doubt!! Thank you xxx

Houseoffun- that's ok. I think my doc is a little baffled by all of this and I get the feeling he doesn't want to say much at times as he is unsure himself. I do believe God is bigger than all of this and He will pull us both through this healthy.

Afm- yeah had scan today. My boy is now 13w5d strong! We saw lots of him today and the lady scanning me was awesome. She took her time and showed me his arms, legs, hands, feet, brain, stomach, bladder, diaphragm, and even his willy!!! Lol. She also showed us his heart, and the four chambers were identifiable. She said the sac is small but is growing consistently each week/fortnight. Saw dr after scan and he is a little dumbfounded. He said it will be best if I'm under shared care between him and the professor I saw in Sydney for the CVS. He also said I have almost no chance making it to 36 weeks, 50% chance of making it to 32 weeks and he didn't want to go into discussion for anything earlier but said I will be monitored weekly or fortnightly. I have to call him
    Tmrw after he has had a chance to talk to this professor and I will know from there what's next.

I'm feeling quietly confident so hopefully that's Gods peace in me. If anyone gets annoyed with my comments on God, I won't apologize as I believe without Him, I would be no where now.

I do appreciate all the love and support I receive in here and it's nice to know I have many of you spuring us on and keeping us in your prayers. Thank you xxx

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angenrod For This Useful Post:

laurea  (28-02-2012),smootch  (28-02-2012)