+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Of course it's ok! You're not with FOB! There's nothing wrong with that at all! We're all only human!

Go for it!

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    personally I couldn't handle it.

probably because I have a higher sex drive than DH... so I always feel like I'm the one not being fulfilled... but being patient... not interpreting his disinterest as "not ever' but just "not now" because he's tired, or stressed or has had kids jumping all over him and just wants space where he's not being touched. I understand that. Does it completely suck... hell yeah, but I couldn't be with another man. I feel safe with DH. I know I mean something to him and I know he loves me.

And because he doesn't have a high sex drive... I would be absolutely GUTTED if he chose to have sex with someone else, rather than me. Coz then I'd feel completely unattractive and worthless.. and I'd feel like his disinterest in sex was actually a disinterest in me....

wow.. this has got me thinking.. maybe I'll ask him if he thinks he'd have sex more if we had an open relationship.... no that's catty, it would just be looking to start a fight and leave me feeling bad if he said "probably"...

so no. I wouldn't have an open relationship.

I would have a casual sex relationship with a friend I trust if something was to ever happen to DH (where he died or something... not just if he couldn't have sex for some medical reason)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    Of course it's ok! You're not with FOB! There's nothing wrong with that at all! We're all only human!

Go for it!
    Was this for me or someone else...?

If it was for me I think iv fallin in love with you hahahaha jkz. iv been stressing bout this cos I'm meeting up with my buddy tomorrow, and started to feel guilty.... But he broke it off with me so it's ok ? :-/ :-)

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's a hard question for me I have a high libido and dh did until he developed diabetes.

Sometimes I think an open relationship would be great because I get climbing the walls crazy but I know it would hurt him if I was getting it somewhere else and of course he'd never consider it because he has no libido when he does feel like it once every 3-4 weeks he does it with me. So I'd never do it to him but I'd like to be doing it more and an open relationship would sort that but I also get attached easily so it would never work

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    personally I couldn't handle it.

probably because I have a higher sex drive than DH... so I always feel like I'm the one not being fulfilled... but being patient... not interpreting his disinterest as "not ever' but just "not now" because he's tired, or stressed or has had kids jumping all over him and just wants space where he's not being touched. I understand that. Does it completely suck... hell yeah, but I couldn't be with another man. I feel safe with DH. I know I mean something to him and I know he loves me.

And because he doesn't have a high sex drive... I would be absolutely GUTTED if he chose to have sex with someone else, rather than me. Coz then I'd feel completely unattractive and worthless.. and I'd feel like his disinterest in sex was actually a disinterest in me....

wow.. this has got me thinking.. maybe I'll ask him if he thinks he'd have sex more if we had an open relationship.... no that's catty, it would just be looking to start a fight and leave me feeling bad if he said "probably"...

so no. I wouldn't have an open relationship.

I would have a casual sex relationship with a friend I trust if something was to ever happen to DH (where he died or something... not just if he couldn't have sex for some medical reason)

Thank you so much for writing this! It has made me feel sooo much better about my situation. A little background. My DH and I are happily married. We love each other very much and in the beginning I had a much higher sex drive than he did. I used to get really angry at him and think that he didn't want me in that way but he just has a really low sex drive. Still I was devastated at the time. I then (due to various reasons) developed depression and was put on AD's. Boy did the tables turn! Suddenly I never felt like it and he was asking me for it and I couldn't think of anything worse. AD's cause low sex drive. I really struggled with it and I felt bad for all those times I had hounded him about it. To cut a long story short. We don't have sex very often at all. We are currently TTC so during that time of the month we do it a lot more often but if we weren't trying to conveive I think we'd be lucky to do it once a week! Truth is now though that it doesn't bother me at all and it doesn't seem to bother DH either. We are happy that way and I have absolutely no interest in another man as I'm certain he has no interest in any other woman. I'm sure it crosses his mind when he sees a hot woman about what it would bel ike to have sex with her but I know he wouldn't actually go through with it. It's just thoughts so as long as he doesn't touch we're good. I guess my only concern is that I don't want us to turn into a couple who never have sex and then suddenly realise they're friends and not lovers. I love DH and I am attracted to him sexually but I have to be honest and say not always. Alot of the time I feel an overwhelming love for him rather than a "I want to tear your clothes off" ..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (30-03-2012)

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTashyAlice View Post
    Was this for me or someone else...?

If it was for me I think iv fallin in love with you hahahaha jkz. iv been stressing bout this cos I'm meeting up with my buddy tomorrow, and started to feel guilty.... But he broke it off with me so it's ok ? :-/ :-)
    Yes, that was aimed at you!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I started off in an open relationship for about 3 months because we both knew each others past and dirty secrets so we figured it'd be better for us. However he asked to be exclusive later on and I agreed on the condition if one us slipped within the first few months exclusively dating we wouldnt get worked up over it. 2 years later, we're married with a beautiful DD but Im considering giving him a free pass as his libido is going through the roof and I have no interest whatsoever in having sex. Sorry if its tmi...

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to heartjb For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTashyAlice View Post
    Hey hey,
    I don't know If I'm on the right track but I have been in an open relationship, at the start it feels weird and then it's kind of awesome and cheeky ...but this was a bad thing for me because it strengthened mine and my partners sexual relationship.... And when we had an argument those other people from our open relationship were always bought up in the fight and it was hell!

So I need some advice and this thread is the online that I can find suitable enough to ask.
    I am 12 weeks pregnant and my partner and I broke up about a month ago (bit longer) and to be blunt I'm horny ha ha ha is it ok for me to have sex with another man (iv known this person for years and it'll be completely just sex ....safe sex ofcorse) even though my ex is going to be a part of baby's life and my appointments.. I don't want him to know .... Is this horrible of me ..... Oh and I wouldn't consider myself a '****' everyone has needs that need to be met hahahaha...

PLEASE HELP!
    Yea go for it just use a condom.
    I lose the plot with no s.ex so I feel for you.
    As long as both parties understand the nature of the relationship then it's all good

The best way to get rid of an itch is to scratch it... Lol.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Yea go for it just use a condom.
    I lose the plot with no s.ex so I feel for you.
    As long as both parties understand the nature of the relationship then it's all good

The best way to get rid of an itch is to scratch it... Lol.
    It's 100% just sex for both of us, we have agreed if there is even a flicker of anything were stoping.

Condom is a must! It kind of freaks me out even when of was with FOB being pregnant and not using one ha ha.

Thank you so much for this feedback

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTashyAlice For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (30-03-2012),MuminMind  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No. I wouldn't feel right about it. One man is enough for me.