+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scarymarygoldfish View Post
    Having no-strings sex is definitely not for everyone. This sounds like a very sad time in your life and I'm sorry you went through it. I agree that giving something so personal to someone who didn't earn it would be very soul-destroying. I hope you've got a lovely partener now
    Yes I have - awesome! The best sex I've ever had with him because it has it all...physical, emotional, spiritual.....TRUST! That's a huge one, trusting someone with who you are inside and out. Thing is, when I was single, I didn't even realise how soul destroying it was....and how numb I became. Even during my first marriage...I thought he was great, loved him and all that - dead inside! No trust!

But now.....Holy Crap!!! Where have I been all my life???

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (24-01-2012),scarymarygoldfish  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with casual sex while single infact it can be quite fun, and I've always had the mentality of Try before you Buy . When I was 16 and sleeping around though I was a kid that hadn't found her soul mate. So it was just sex, nothing more. I guess that's the distinction for me - once I found DH sex became more than a physical act.

But yeah I see what you mean. When I say I don't understand that doesn't mean I'm judging. Just that I couldn't comprehend an open relationship with my DH and I know DH feels exactly the same way. We have talked about this subject before, not in the context of wanting to be in one but why others do it, and he is strongly against it too.
    Yes I know you aren't judging And like I said, it isn't even my opinion. Just point out that while you don't understand open relationships, some people don't understand sex outside of marriage. So I guess everyone has their own personal boundaries.

Sounds like you have an amazing marriage!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chameleon For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    Yeah, but I'm vegetarian!
    Ahh true but surely if ceasar salad was your fav vegetarian dish, doesn't mean you wouldn't enjoy a nice hot vegie pasta bake on a cold winters night ;-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FloatingFairy For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (24-01-2012)

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannonigans View Post
    Ahh true but surely if ceasar salad was your fav vegetarian dish, doesn't mean you wouldn't enjoy a nice hot vegie pasta bake on a cold winters night ;-)
    Lol. I will happily eat stirfry every night. I cook the stirfry different ways and at times use different ingredients, but I'd be happy with stirfrys! I'll even eat stirfrys in different rooms of the house! Or in the city. Or....

You'll have to excuse the iPhone auto correct. It sax!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (24-01-2012),Deserama  (24-01-2012),FloatingFairy  (24-01-2012),LoveLivesHere  (24-01-2012),MissMuppet  (25-01-2012),MuminMind  (24-01-2012),scarymarygoldfish  (24-01-2012)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    umm I don't think I would ever be comfortable with it. TBH brutally and awfully honest - I think if things got that bad I would rather just DTD - is that terrible.

My DH has always said he wouldn't care if I had s3x with anyone - as long as it was just s3x and I was honest with him. If I was up for it, he would swing for sure.

In theory I have no actual issue with, but I know I am too insecure and jealous and it would turn to sh1t.

I think ppl that do it successfuly and happily (like gen. happily not just pretending) must be really complete ppl in themselves and their relationship.
    Last edited by Buttoneska; 24-01-2012 at 19:13.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (24-01-2012),scarymarygoldfish  (24-01-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i dont care what other people do with thier sex lives, as long as everyone is honest and safe.
    and i like the same respect back in turn.
    i dont believe we are meant to be monogomous

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (30-03-2012),FloatingFairy  (24-01-2012),MuminMind  (24-01-2012),scarymarygoldfish  (24-01-2012),Witwicky  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    Lol. I will happily eat stirfry every night. I cook the stirfry different ways and at times use different ingredients, but I'd be happy with stirfrys! I'll even eat stirfrys in different rooms of the house! Or in the city. Or....

You'll have to excuse the iPhone auto correct. It sax!
    Is it wrong that this is turning me on and making me hungry all at the same time... :shiftyeyes:

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FloatingFairy For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (24-01-2012),MuminMind  (24-01-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyLoaf View Post
    where there's a willy, there's a way.
    sorry that made me lol, i had to acknowledge it

Very interesting discussion, i'm totally enjoying reading all points of view on this subject!

For me, i have done my stint of s3x for s3x sake, and i never found it to be all that fulfilling, sure it was fun, exciting, enjoyable etc but there was always... well an imbalance of expectations i suppose you could say.

With DH it just works, it always has right from the first moment we met, and i would not be interested in anyone else. I've got what i want and i *don't* want the complications s3x outside our relationship would bring.

I wonder if its a security thing. I have too many insecurities and i know if DH wanted to go outside our relationship, it would wreck my head wondering how I measured up iukwim. Maybe those of you that can handle it are just that bit more secure in yourselves...

For me its like saying gay marriage would ruin the institution of marriage. Like how What two people choose to do in their relationship has no bearing whatsoever on *my* relationship. Whatever works for you i say But open relationships are just not for me!

hmmmm that turned into a bit of an essay lol!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (24-01-2012),Gandalf  (24-01-2012),MuminMind  (24-01-2012),Witwicky  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    umm I don't think I would ever be comfortable with it. TBH brutally and awfully honest - I think if things got that bad I would rather just DTD - is that terrible.
    Not terrible at all. I love your honesty.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to scarymarygoldfish For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    For me its like saying gay marriage would ruin the institution of marriage. Like how What two people choose to do in their relationship has no bearing whatsoever on *my* relationship. Whatever works for you i say But open relationships are just not for me!
    Beautifully said. Thank you.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to scarymarygoldfish For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (24-01-2012)