+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    'm just honestly curious why you'd bother sampling other menus when what you've got at home is gourmet
    Just because you LOVE steak and wanna eat it all day every day, doesn't mean you wouldn't mind a chicken salad once in a while, or a piece of fish... Some pork on your fork....
    The steak will still always be the best

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FloatingFairy For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (24-01-2012),MuminMind  (24-01-2012),scarymarygoldfish  (24-01-2012),SugarSkull  (24-01-2012),threechooks  (18-07-2016),trishalishous  (25-01-2012),Witwicky  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    I guess it's something of myself...to give myself sexually to someone is a priviledge, so when I was single, I guess I didn't have as much self worth so giving this part of me to just anyone didn't matter (although I think a part of me died everytime). But to give this part of me to one person for the rest of my life....is a priviledge and it's something that they have earned (not through sex but through the connection we have forged).
    Having no-strings sex is definitely not for everyone. This sounds like a very sad time in your life and I'm sorry you went through it. I agree that giving something so personal to someone who didn't earn it would be very soul-destroying. I hope you've got a lovely partener now

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scarymarygoldfish For This Useful Post:

delirium  (24-01-2012),Deserama  (24-01-2012),MuminMind  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by FloatingFairy; 06-02-2012 at 21:56.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FloatingFairy For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonigans View Post
    just because you love steak and wanna eat it all day every day, doesn't mean you wouldn't mind a chicken salad once in a while, or a piece of fish... Some pork on your fork....
    The steak will still always be the best
    exactly!!!!!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scarymarygoldfish For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (24-01-2012),MuminMind  (24-01-2012)

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, but I'm vegetarian!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (24-01-2012),Deserama  (24-01-2012),MuminMind  (24-01-2012),share a book  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i've had a bit of a browse, not read everything but read quite a bit, it's so interesting and good to see so many different opinions, stories, points of view etc!

AFM... If DH wanted an open relationship at any point i'd be okay with that. Before meeting DH i'd never had a serious relationship (by choice) i enjoyed s3x and i enjoyed being able to do it with whoever i wanted basically. I liked the freedom, and the variety. For DH however he's only ever slept with 2 people. His previous wife and me. He is of the opinion that you should only have s3x with someone you intend to spend the rest of your life with/someone you are married to. So he was okay to have s3x with me before we were married, but only because he felt we'd be together forever. We were brought up in entirely different cultures and religions, so i think that's played a big part in our different views/opinions of s3x. I would never cheat or go behind his back, i love him far too much for that and respect his want to only have s3x with me. He is my world and the person i want to be with forever and grow old with, i'd never sacrifice him over not having 'variety' in my s3x life. It's definitely something i can sacrifice to be with the one i love

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I guess it's like how I feel about those that choose c/s for non medical reasons - I don't understand it, but I really don't have to. I get the concept of what some are saying about sex being purely physical, and when I was a teen that's how it was. But I find it hard to process the thought of having sex with someone else, even on a just physical basis. Bc I would see it as a betrayal for our love.

But then other couples it isn't a betrayal. So like anyone my views on the subject are clouded with my own morals. It's really none of my business what others do and who they sleep with. The only issue I have is if it's a pressured open marriage.

Someone I know was married to a man, he cheated. He then suggested an open marriage/swinging type set up. She didn't want to do it but he pressured her. So she told herself it was better to know and be involved then for him to do it behind her back. Long story short threesomes become twosomes (in which she was the left out party) he took a special liking to one of their 'friends' and it almost tore the marriage apart. They survived it but only after a lot of counselling and time.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (24-01-2012),Witwicky  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by scarymarygoldfish View Post
    I appreciate your interest because this is something I'm obviously pretty passionate about.

Making love/having sex with DH is better than sex with anyone else because I love him more than anything in the world. We know what turns each other on and we're deeply in love and we're expressing this love. But there are things that I like which he doesn't do/doesn't like to do so I enjoy sleeping with men who do these things. Hubby has no problems, I have no problems.

I understand that it's not for everyone, but we have a brilliant relationship and it works very well for us.
    Fair enough, that makes sense. Like I said, I'm actually a wee bit admiring that you've got a relationship that works so well for the two of you. I love my DH, but mine is still definitely a work in progress, lol.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (24-01-2012),scarymarygoldfish  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I guess it's like how I feel about those that choose c/s for non medical reasons - I don't understand it, but I really don't have to. I get the concept of what some are saying about sex being purely physical, and when I was a teen that's how it was. But I find it hard to process the thought of having sex with someone else, even on a just physical basis. Bc I would see it as a betrayal for our love.

But then other couples it isn't a betrayal. So like anyone my views on the subject are clouded with my own morals. It's really none of my business what others do and who they sleep with. The only issue I have is if it's a pressured open marriage.
    I can see both sides of the debate, but I just thought of something when I read your post... You say you can't understand open relationships, but when you were a teen, sex was sex. You saw it that way when you were young and single. But then some people don't understand that. They believe sex is ONLY for marriage. Not teenage years or single years or dating but marriage. One person. Forever. So they possibly couldn't understand your view, of being okay with casual sex when single...

Mind you, that isn't my opinion, I just thought of it!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to chameleon For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
    I can see both sides of the debate, but I just thought of something when I read your post... You say you can't understand open relationships, but when you were a teen, sex was sex. You saw it that way when you were young and single. But then some people don't understand that. They believe sex is ONLY for marriage. Not teenage years or single years or dating but marriage. One person. Forever. So they possibly couldn't understand your view, of being okay with casual sex when single...

Mind you, that isn't my opinion, I just thought of it!
    I don't see anything wrong with casual sex while single infact it can be quite fun, and I've always had the mentality of Try before you Buy . When I was 16 and sleeping around though I was a kid that hadn't found her soul mate. So it was just sex, nothing more. I guess that's the distinction for me - once I found DH sex became more than a physical act.

But yeah I see what you mean. When I say I don't understand that doesn't mean I'm judging. Just that I couldn't comprehend an open relationship with my DH and I know DH feels exactly the same way. We have talked about this subject before, not in the context of wanting to be in one but why others do it, and he is strongly against it too.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Benji  (25-01-2012),MuminMind  (24-01-2012)