+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you know any Lotto winners?

Just curious. My husband's co-worker just won $600,000. Then another of his co-workers said he won $175,000 about 25 years ago. My brother's ex-girlfriend's parents just won $2 million last year, and my cousin's (by marriage) in-laws won $10 million about 5 years ago.
    They are all around me!!! Not close enough, though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yes!!!!
    one is a good friend in ireland...
    the other is A LOT closer..lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My uncles wife won 10 years of weekly lotto tickets on wheel of fortune, then won 6 mil off one of those tickets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew a bloke who won $6 million.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I myself have won about $25 a few times

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lulululu For This Useful Post:

Mallie  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was about to say I know that someone on Bh has... Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    yes!!!!one is a good friend in ireland...the other is A LOT closer..lol
    just curious, was yours just the standard oz lotto thing, and were you in it every week or was it a once off?A friend of the family won substantial amounts TWICE.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cousin and her hubby won $80,000 but wasted the lot and a year later were struggling again week to week. Who spends that much money on clothes, furniture, an old cheap car, accessories for their animals? They could have put it away and not had to sell their $800 wall unit for $50 to pay enough of the power bill to not get it cut off, or sell their $10,000 car (the one they had to start with) for $3,000 to cover the cost of moving, and be stuck with the little $4,000 car. They literally have nothing to show for it. The only things they bought that they still have are a couple of rings and a multi level cat play gym. They sold everything else to pay for things that came up. They whinge that they have no house and say they have never had any opportunity to buy despite his high income and their winnings. Yep, I am annoyed with them for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    My cousin and her hubby won $80,000 but wasted the lot and a year later were struggling again week to week. Who spends that much money on clothes, furniture, an old cheap car, accessories for their animals? They could have put it away and not had to sell their $800 wall unit for $50 to pay enough of the power bill to not get it cut off, or sell their $10,000 car (the one they had to start with) for $3,000 to cover the cost of moving, and be stuck with the little $4,000 car. They literally have nothing to show for it. The only things they bought that they still have are a couple of rings and a multi level cat play gym. They sold everything else to pay for things that came up. They whinge that they have no house and say they have never had any opportunity to buy despite his high income and their winnings. Yep, I am annoyed with them for it.
    Sounds similar to a friend of mine who had more than that paid out to her through compo. It only took a couple of years before it was all gone and she was in debt, again. Pretty sad really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The old people next door to mum and dad won heaps back in the 60s and all she wanted was an ironing lady hd wouldnt let her he spent it all in real eastate they own over 200 properties in nsw but never enjoyed a cent he has since passrd away and she has really bad dementia so i think the kids are going to be enjoying all the lotto winnings, the couple lived a normal life and ge stilled worked until he was in his 70s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wish haha but nope don't know anyone who has ! never entered the lotto myself though guess I feel it's a waste of money but then when you do hear of winners it makes you consider it baba