+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default PICSI and HA-ICSI

Hello everyone,

I am hoping that somewhere out in Bubhub world can inspire me with stories of success using PICSI or HA-ICSI. We have been trying to conceive number 2 and after our third cycle have been diagnosed with DNA sperm fragmentation. DP is on a cocktail of anti-oxidents and we will do HA-ICSI for our next cycle (just waiting for period post another miscarriage). Our FS is confident that we will have greater success using this protocol but it would be lovely to hear some stories of success from you all.

If you have done PICSI or HA-ICSI can you tell me a little bit about your results and outcomes? And any advice you might have?

Thanks very much.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aloe vera For This Useful Post:

akakura  (28-01-2012),Kenta  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi aloe vera, are they the same thing? We did two cycles with HA ICSI but without success. We are doing another cycle right now doing the HA ICSI again. DH has low sperm, morph and motility issues. We re still waiting for FS' referral for SCSA. From what I understand, HA can help with selecting mature sperm which are therefore more likely to be normal but then again it doesnt mean the bound sperm is necessarily ok in terms of DNA. I read mature sperm can have large vacuoles which are a problem too.

Hope that helps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mom2TwoDSs For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply, sorry you have not had success as yet. Us guinea pigs gotta stick together. My DP has poor motility and morphology with DNA Frag but plenty of swimmers...just gotta get the right one. When do you start your cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hi, I am in the midst of stim at the moment, #4 cycle - doing an antagonist cycle with HA-binding.

I see from your signature that you have BFPs through IVF before. I am sure your chances are high and you are still so young. Very hopeful! Wish I can feel this way about our case

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mom2TwoDSs For This Useful Post:

aloe vera  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We also have to do picsi! It's basically a better way to do ivf if you ask me!

In basic terms They put hubby's swimmers in a dish with a medium that mimics our eggs- the stronger, mature sperm swim towards it and them they are chosen that way!

Good luck!! Hope everything works for you!!

X

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

aloe vera  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did PICSI on our 2nd Stim cycle trying for baby no.2 (normal ICSI was done for baby no.1). It was a new thing my Clinic was doing, as my DH has low sperm / motility and I have PCO.

I'm pleased to say we got a BFP first go and my 2nd son was born 8 weeks ago. I also got 5 blastocysts in the freezer from this protocol.

Good luck I hope you have a great outcome as well.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to butterfli For This Useful Post:

akakura  (28-01-2012),aloe vera  (16-02-2012),TIGERQUEEN  (25-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for this thread. i'm concern as I don't think my clinic does PICSI or HAICSI and think from reading this that it would help with our situation as my hubby's sperm is not good and our embryos seem to fail after day3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Thanks Aloe Vera, for asking this question. Sounds like our DHs have the same issue (poor morph and motility but plenty of sperm). I'm not sure about DNA frag tho, I have only discovered this issue from googling and BH. Did your FS offer this test to u only after a couple of failed cycles? I am only at the start of my IVF journey having just had my first FET today. I was shocked to find out that 2 of my Day2 frosties didnt survive defrost and so a 3rd was transferred and that leaves only 2 Day2 left!! We started with 23 eggs!!!

I dont want to do another stim cycle without further investigation or without changing protocol, it seems pointless if we're just going to get the same result. Sorry for hijacking your thread with my issues, but i'm really upset, angry and sad all at once.

I'm also keen to try PICSI next stim cycle and dont know why it wasnt offered to us at the start?!?! Sometimes i feel like my FS treats me like a number in his little ivf 'numbers game' and his attitude is "u just have to keep trying til you're lucky" Well we have MFI so why dont we get told about PICSI at the start??

Ok, rant over sorry

Some questions for all: Did it take long to get DNA frag test done (is this called SCSA)? How much did it cost? Does anyone know if Melb IVF offer the test? Do they also offer PICSI? I couldnt find anything on their webpage.
    Do you guys think 2 or 5 day embies are better for MFI couples? (this is based on my google research that suggests if there are sperm issues embies dont survive past day3...)

Butterfli - wow! u have been luck with your IVF journey! Congrats on having 2 bubs! Any chance you used a Melbourne IVF clinic?? i would love to use your FS if they are in Melb

to those of us still on the journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the congrats Akakura, sorry wasn't in Melbourne but with Next Generation Fertility (NGF) in Parramatta (NSW). I know quite a few girls on bub hub who also have had luck with them first go.

I always rave about my clinic, they made my family and I feel so blessed. Best of luck I really hope you get your BFP very soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Akakura, I have same sentiments regarding our FS' attitude. Maybe they put us on cycle after cycle until one day they realised we are on too many and they we start to get their attention. My DH says our FS is basically rather useless. FS said to keep trying and trying....

We have asked to do SCSA at MIVF too but until now the FS hasn't mailed the referral to us, got to call tml. I asked MIVF before will cost 300+ and mostly out of pocket and just takes a few days for eresults. Issue is do they do the test cos they have it on their website but we have been waiting since mid jan for the referral. FS is not too keen on this test as he says it is not definitive.